What is the meaning of "You won’t be charged yet"

Answered!
Jenny291
Level 1
Ipoh, Malaysia

What is the meaning of "You won’t be charged yet"

I made booking today and charged to my credit card, I do not understand?

1 Best Answer

For a booking Request, you aren't charged until the host clicks on "Accept". They might do that immediately when they receive your request, or it may take them some time to do that, or they might message you first to make sure you have read through the listing info, have entered the correct number of guests, etc. before accepting. 

If you just want to ask the host some questions before committing to a booking, you should send an Inquiry, not a Request. To send an Inquiry, click on "Contact Host" at the bottom of their listing description. An Inquiry doesn't commit you in any way and even if the host pre-approves it, you won't be charged until you take a further step. But the place could get booked by someone else between you sending an Inquiry and the host responding., so there is no guarantee that the dates you are inquiring about will still be available if ad by the time you decide to book.

@Elizabeth2090

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Carl5914
Level 2
Paris, France

I have a problem with that too. My card was charged  immediately  meanwhile the host had yet to accept my reservation. If the host rejects it, it will take days before the funds are available for me to use. Which means I can't use them for another reservation. That's unfair. It's misleading and fraudulent.