When a guest forget something in host house

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

When a guest forget something in host house

Salute everyone, 

Last day, i had guests which forgot something in our house. 

My quetion is : When guests forget something in a host house, How could a host return it to them? Is there a specific procedure for that ?  

Thanks, 

Miloud

27 Replies 27
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Jb0

Here in the U.K. we have one of the most tight,y controlled and regulated gun laws in the world.

Only a handful of our police in the U.K. carry guns!

If a guest somehow left a gun in someone’s accomodation here, there would be a quick trip to the police station and goodness knows what else......perhaps a “free holiday “at one of Her Majesty’s prisons courtesy of HM Prison service.......by the way she won’t personally serve you tea and crumpets in your cell either😉

Yeah, same here in Denmark. I'd be horrified and probably call the police if someone left a gun on the property. I've not even considered writing a "no gun" policy into our house rules, its such an unlikely thing - luckily! 

Claudiu-Nicolae0
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

@Miloud0

I usually recommend to the guests to arrange Pick up & Delivery service by themselves, so there will be no payment problems between you and your guest, and you will not be responsible for the contents of the package and other problems.

@Claudio0

good idea

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Victoria0,  

Thank you for all information. They are so helpful. 

I faced like this problem for the first time and i am sure that information you gave me are will help me if i face the same problem in the future.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @J-B-0  

Thank you for the reply and information.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Claudiu0 Nicolas, 

I thank you for the reply and for your helpful information. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Claudiu0 Nicolae, 

I thank you for the reply and for your helpful information. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute everyone @Letti0@Sarah0, @Ange0@Jessica-and-Henry0, @Quincy0@Victoria0@J-B-0 @Claudiu-Nicolae0  

The problem has solved the guest told me that she does not need that item, cause she bought another one. Thank you so much for all the information you have sent to me. 

It was the first time that i face like that problem and i am sure that these information could help me in the future time. Many thanks for your helpful replies. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Huseyin2
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

One of my guests forgot her hearing aid at the apartment. I knew they moved to a nearby hotel as we were fully booked for the remaining days.

As soon as the manager found it at the apartment, I let them know and because there was another guest checking in, I asked the manager to take it with her so that she could meet them the next day and hand it to them. 

The next day, the manager I work with calls me to say she’s lost the hearing aid when she was commuting. It may have been stolen or she may have deopped it. 

What happens now as a procedure? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear it would have been better for you to tell the guest to return for it as they were at a nearby hotel. @Huseyin2 

By having your manager take the take the hearing aid from the apartment, I am afraid you may be liable for the cost of replacing it.

Yes, I’m afraid you’re right. It’s a terrible situation and I guess we’ll have to cover the cost of replacing them.

Huseyin2
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

With enough pressure put on the manager who lost it, I managed to get her to go back to the taxi rank she used and find it. Happy End!