Why Credit Card screen shot??? Anyone else have this problem??

Bridgid0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Why Credit Card screen shot??? Anyone else have this problem??

Has anyone else been asked to provide a screen shot of their credit card for "verification" reasons???? I have been blocked from Airbnb until i provide it. I have an outstanding credit rating, have no problems in the past booking...and then wham...blocked...no explaination as to why except  weak reference to "security...I don't get it! my credit cards are in good shape and I have never had any fraud...nothing I book is very expensive...

I find this very very invasive after everything else i have provided. 

Im wondering if anyone else has had to provide this info loke this?

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I suppose it is to prevent fraudulent use of credit cards and also a way to provide verification. If you go to a hotel, they take your details and check your card, so perhaps the request is not that unreasonable ?

You need to contact Airbnb directly to get clarification.  

Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

I have never heard of this. Is Airbnb asking or a host? Is the host asking you to go off the Airbnb sytem? I, as a host, require a signed contract and a scan of a gov't ID. I tell my guests that "The name and address on the contract, the ID and the credit card all need to match or there will be a problem with the reservation." I feel this discourages the scammers and so far it has. I do not actually want the responsibility of having a scan of the credit card, there are laws about how you handle that.