Why don't Co-Hosts get credit for guest reviews?

Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

Why don't Co-Hosts get credit for guest reviews?

Why is it AirBnB doesn't credit co-hosts with reviews for the listings they manage?  I am a co-host and of the 60 or so bookings I've managed, I receive ZERO reviews.  I don't get credited with being a superhost, when I should.  All the reviews are credited to the primary host.  Contrast this with group guest bookings - ALL guests in the group are credited with the host's review.  It seems like it should be very simple for AirBnB to remedy that. 

4 Replies 4

@Noel102:

I prefer NOT receiving reviews from homes I co-host. As a host I control EVERYTHING about my own homes, but as a co-host I have little control. The owner decides the decor, supplies, furniture, and so on.  Under a blanket policy the co-host would receive the good and bad reviews, and (in my experience) most of the bad reviews were nothing that I had control over, so I don't think it is fair for my ratings to decrease.

My husband is the primary host.  We own the property together and make all decisions together.  

@Noel102 

I think the only way around this is for you to create an identical listing on your own profile and you nominate which months you should each have.  For example you could have January to June and your husband could have June to December.  He could be your co-host on your profile for the time that your listing is active.  You would have to collabotate on which dates to open on which account and make sure they are not open on both.

For the one who has the dates furthest out you could not do IB and open the calendar with a 30 day overlap on availability in case anyone wanted to stay May 28 to June 5 for example.  If you both want to be on IB you have to create a hard line on the dates which may cost you some bookings.

As the cut off date approaches you could always shift the dates that you each "own" so that guests could book through the cut off period.  Other than that not sure how you could get any reviews on your own profile.  Lisa

Marc8422
Level 1
West Vancouver, Canada

Hi everyone!

@Noel102 : I am in the same scenario, I think it is unfair cohosts do not receive dedicated ratings or credits for their hard work if they have been taking care of the guests instead of the 'primary host'. There is also no way to easily switch a listing's ''ownership' to anyone you trust like your cohost so they can build over time some great ratings and reviews.' There is also less incentive for the cohost to do an excellent job and have the deserved reward of having an excellent review written for them. This isn't currently a fair system and would need some update hopefully in the near future if there's enough request from other hosts. 

Some solutions from Airbnb could be:

_ add dedicated ratings for cohost

_ allow cohost to keep a cohosting 'history' when jumping from a listing to the next

(also very useful when recruiting cohosts and check their ranking and experience)

_ allow superhost status also for cohost

_ allow a cohost to take over the complete ownership of a listing if needed.

for example, if the primary host built the initial listing and started hosting then allows a cohost to take over the listing and get the reviews and ratings for the reservation they manage.

And not through some convoluted hack of the platform or double listing that's just a recipe for chaos...

M