Why is my account restricted?

Beverley12
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Why is my account restricted?

Hi there,

i was booking my trip today ( have successfully used the service a couple times ) but got a message that said my account has been restricted. I'm not sure why but I cannot figure out what I did wrong and can't get hold of anyone to rectify the situation.  

9 Replies 9
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Beverley12,

I'm sorry to hear that your account has been restricted and you are not aware of the reason. Unfortunately no one in the Community Center will be able to help you with this, as it is a forum of hosts - it is not monitored by Airbnb. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with the support team who should be able to help you with this issue.

Just to let you know as well, I have moved your post to a new thread so that it's easier for other users to find it. I have also given it a title - please let me know if you want to change it!

Let us know how you get on!

Kirstie

I was wondering how long did you have to wait to get an answer to your restriction. I am currently going through the same thing. I cant get any answers!

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

@Beverley12  I looked at your profile and you are likely restricted from booking certain places that require a more up to date and complete profile. You have no verified identification and it appears you also have no photo, both these missing pieces are likely stopping you from successful booking on AirBnb.

@Andrea-and-Glenn0 this is from almost 5 years ago. Pretty sure it's a dead issue! 

@Alexandra316  Oops, I hadn’t looked at the date and it was in the recent list. Now I have to look up where Lincoln is...

Glenn

@Andrea-and-Glenn0 I wasnt sure where Mill Bay is either! 🤣🤣‌ I'm in Niagara region. 

I have the same issue and no one has reached out and I keep getting the run around and all of my information is up to date

Keep saying account is restricted for no reason and it’s was my 1st time booking what a awful experience days before my birthday! And the money that I saved is being held hostage so I can’t even use it to book some place else or even air bb

literally in the same boat... so frustrating