Why my bookings dropped sharply in October

Answered!
Bill1065
Level 2
Regina, Canada

Why my bookings dropped sharply in October

I am a new host, and became an Airbnb host just one month. My bookings is very well in September my first month. But my bookings dropped sharply this month, few new booking and many guests cancel their orders. I try to ask the guests why they canceled orders, but no answer from them.

I am very confused now, and want to know what caused this situation. Can my you analyze it or provide some advice ?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It seems like you have 3 bedrooms to rent out separately. You need to have a separate listing for each of tem and not show the other 2 on the separate listings, either in the photos or by writing "3 bedrooms" under the title. It should say 2 guests, one bedroom for each. Then you need to make it clear in your listing description what the shared space arrangements are. If each bedroom is rented separately, do all the guests in all bedrooms share the living room and kitchen? You say 2 shared bathrooms, private bathroom. Which is it?

Do you, the host, live in the home as well? You really haven't made the living arrangements at all clear- it's quite confusing as to what you have on offer. 

@Bill1065

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Can’t analyse your situation because I know nothing about supply and demand in your area, how desirable your place is compared  to other similar places etc.

I would say likely factors are

Covid

Low season

You get a boost in the rankings as a new host which you know will have lost.

lower demand as fewer travelling

Thx, Helen!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bill1065 For one thing you need to sort out your listing. It says private room but then describes all the properties bedrooms so it is very unclear what the guest will get

Thank you Mike and Jean

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It seems like you have 3 bedrooms to rent out separately. You need to have a separate listing for each of tem and not show the other 2 on the separate listings, either in the photos or by writing "3 bedrooms" under the title. It should say 2 guests, one bedroom for each. Then you need to make it clear in your listing description what the shared space arrangements are. If each bedroom is rented separately, do all the guests in all bedrooms share the living room and kitchen? You say 2 shared bathrooms, private bathroom. Which is it?

Do you, the host, live in the home as well? You really haven't made the living arrangements at all clear- it's quite confusing as to what you have on offer. 

@Bill1065

Thank you so much Sarah!