Will I get a full refund if host is fake?

Louai1
Level 2
Beirut, Lebanon

Will I get a full refund if host is fake?

I have paid for a stay for late december and its still november, but I have a feeling that my host has a fake account, will I get a full refund from airbnb if the host is proved to be fake? Im feeling anxious, who has witnessed something like this before?

9 Replies 9
Jamie604
Level 2
Tampa, FL

I have had a steak from hell you have no idea what I have been through the host was fake and Airbnb it seems like to me is knowing about it they will not compensate me I have argued for five months and nobody is helping me and I don’t want to put on everything that happened on here but it is the most craziest situation I have ever been through in my entire life

Shateva0
Level 1
null

Did you pay with a credit card?

Shannon512
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

So does Air B&B refund the money if the property doesn't exist? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

At least you can have a look at the host profile, to see which verifications has been passed.

Did you communicate with the host anyway ? Not having any review is possible, everybody has to start from zero. Did the accomodation have the 'new' label on it when displayed in search results ?

If you are concerned you can contact Airbnb. View your reservation, click on "helpcentre" and follow instructions.

Or use https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Best regards, emiel

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Are we talking about almost a year have you stay at the place have you cancel did you contact Airbnb 

Louai1
Level 2
Beirut, Lebanon

No the stay is next month, for 5 nights only. Airbnb doesn't have a contact support email posted, if anyone can find it please let me know..

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra @Louai1.  Can you expand on that a little? I’m pretty new but from my readings on the forum as long as you have paid directly to AirBnB you are covered and they will hopefully find you another place? 

Louai1
Level 2
Beirut, Lebanon

Yes, I paid through Airbnb 100%. But the place I reserved is still a new place with zero reviews, and I believe that everyone starts from zero reviews and builds their way up after the first positive review right? Im a little sceptical about the place's truthfulness and validity. If the host turns out to be a fraud, will I recienve a 100% refund?

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Yes everybody starts from zero...guests and hosts alike 😉  but my understanding is the reviews don’t get posted until you have 3.  So we all have to trust at some stage? 

There should be a contact number on your reservation . Have you messaged your host at all with your worries using the AirBnB message system? That way a good account is kept for referencing. 

Good luck. 

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay