Will a host be paid if the confirmed guest somehow doesn't show up?

Valerie283
Level 3
Katoomba, Australia

Will a host be paid if the confirmed guest somehow doesn't show up?

We received a message of reservation confirmed, so we presume the guest must have paid.

What if the host for some reason didn't show up all days or not at all, will we get paid  and in full?

If we do get paid, when will we get paid in the circumstances?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Valerie283 ,

If the reservation is not cancelled by the guest (or you or Airbnb), then you will recieve full payment, even if the guest does not show up.

If you are a new host, please read:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

best regards, Emiel

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Valerie283 We had this very situation happen to us at Christmas. The guest booked for 3 days, and they never arrived and never contacted us. I tried to message them and call them, but there was never a response. It was very odd. I reported it to Airbnb just in case the guest tried to get their money back or tried to leave us a bad review, but nothing ever happened. I have never heard from them, and they didn't try and leave us a review.

We got our money sent to us 24 hours after checkin, as usual.

Valerie283
Level 3
Katoomba, Australia

Thanks guys!

We have been trying to contact the guest and received no response. We feel relieved now.

Katia120
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

what should I do if the guest want to pay by bank transfer ?

All money should go through airbnb, isn't it?

Margaret255
Level 2
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

I had guests stay on Saturday 27 Jan 2018 but I have not received payment from air BnB. While they were here they offered to pay me cash but I said no, that no money changes hands, that it goes through air BnB. Maybe their stay was not confirmed. I don't know. They showed up, stayed the night and were very pleasant. I'm confused. How do I get paid if maybe it wasn't confirmed?

Help! Margs ****

Have you ever received a confirmed email?