Wrong address

Caroline70
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Wrong address

I am clear about what you are supposed to do to edit the address and the map. However, the map is right, the house name and postcode are right, but the street address is completely wrong and nothing whatsoever to do with where I live. However many times I change it in 'location' it will not save. This is spurious address automatically generated by Airbnb, and wasn't input by me.  If it going to be sent to guests it will be confusing. HELP.

30 Replies 30
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You'll definitely want to contact Airbnb to resolve this.

I am in the same situation as many.... the address is WRONG and sending guests to the neighbors house.  I tried to fix it, and a pop up showed up saying "you will need to create a new listing".  How does one get ahold of a human being at AirBandB who could actually go in and correct this?  

Lesley17
Level 1
Rossett, United Kingdom

Me too and like you It won't let me change the address to the right one. What do we do?

Sara83
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I found the email address that the response sent regarding my initial address enquiry came from. Hopefully they won't filter it out...

It was someone called Sharon who originally replied.

response@airbnb.com

Thanks Sara.  I will give it a try

Thanks to you, I think I finary found the solution to this issue.

I send a e-mail to the address you wrote, and tell them everything in this thread.

Here is the essence of reply from Airbnb customer experience.

''Please first find the decimal GPS coordinates for your listing. You can visit http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html where you will find tools for finding your listing's exact point of latitude and longitude. Then please reply to this email with confirmation of the following information:

1. Latitude and Longitude GPS coordinates (please copy the decimal form and not the degrees/minutes/seconds)
2. Apartment or House Number
3. Street Name
4. City
5. State, Province or Region
6. Postal Code
7. Country

If you have more than one listing that needs to be updated, please be sure to specify the information for each listing separately by including the name of the listing along with the listing's web address on Airbnb.

Keep in mind that your exact address is kept private until after a reservation is confirmed, so please be as accurate as possible to make finding your listing easy for your future guests. Please note, if you want to edit your address because you have moved to new location or you are listing a new space, you will need to create a new listing rather than updating the address.''

Hope this will help all the host who have same issue. 

Hey - the address you suggested- its been made unavailable- I drew a blank and now don't know how to proceed- and suggestions as to how to speak to a human on Airbnb?

Diana57
Level 1
Newton Saint Petrock, United Kingdom

I have this problem too. It's as if the site doesn't recognise any of the houses within my postcode, which is quite spreadout as I live in the countryside. I have send the reauired details as described above and hopefully they will fix it. Will keep you all posted.

A CUAL E MAIL HAY QUE ESCIBIR

Sergi
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hola @AnaCecilia2,

Soy Sergi y me encargo de la comunidad hispanohablante de Airbnb, te escribo porque veo que has enviado un mensaje en la versión inglesa pero escrito en español y quería informarte de que tenemos una Comunidad hispanohablante de Airbnb donde es muy posible que tu mensaje tenga más difusión, y tú tengas más éxito a la hora de que tus dudas puedan ser respondidas por otros compañeros anfitriones.
Te dejo aquí un enlace para llegar al Centro de la Comunidad, te recomiendo que también investigues, usando el buscador, ya que pueden haber conversaciones relativas a la duda que planteas.

Espero que todo esto te sea de ayuda.

Un saludo. Sergi

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Eduardo111
Level 2
Armação dos Búzios, Brazil

Thank you I did the steps you gave and I hope Airbnb will fix the address of my listing

Thanks so much - just struggling a LOT with the same problem - I will do as suggested & let this thread know

Sarah

Gail14
Level 1
Barras de Piaxtla, Mexico

Thank you so much!  I have the same problem with my listing!  Why don't they give you an email to contact on the website! Were they able to sovle the problem for you?  It sounds like a problem with there website if so many people are having a problem with this!

Sara83
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I am in the same boat also and I have ALREADY contacted airbnb for them to fix it, which they said they had, but when going to print out my VAT receipts I noticed again that the address was incorrect. It seems that it was fixed then reverted back to the incorrect address. I have already had two guests go to the wrong address...

I also can't remember how I managed to contact an actual human being when trying to resolve this the first time. If anyone does, please let me know

In the meantime I am going to search my emails to see if I can just respond to their original response.