airbnb stolen my money without explanation 200eur

Janis20
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

airbnb stolen my money without explanation 200eur

So here is situtation,

My guest book 2 months before, 3 weeks before I message her and ask if she agree take other room in my apartment send link to airbnb listing etc. (it was more convienet so I dont have empty days between guests )

I didnt force nothing, just said some guests like that room better and it is like this, it's smaller like original booking room but with balcony and partial sea view.

My wording was like if you dont agree its OK, so she agree I say ok then when you come I give you that room. She arrive say nothing, after 2 days she come to me and say I want my original room because that one is noisy (hotel next to it with air condition compressors) there is some noise but nobody in 2 years was bothered about it... I tell her I ask my guest (actually my girlfreind mother) if she ok to change room, she not ok because dont want go here and there...

I tell her no, actualy my girlfreind tell it she start arguing its my room and my girlfreind continue now in stricter manner NO NO, she go to room where girfreind mother is knocking and coming in even though my mother wanted talk with her outside room, it felt her uncomfortable, anyway, we left like still with no but I said let me think few hours, so I went to airbnb support asking how to handle this situation, they reply that I did nothing wrong, but can I give money back, she says guest want leave because of incompitibilaty between me and her lol, without any further explanation, Im host 2 years and had only postive many reviews. I did nothing wrong nor my girlfiend except discussion about this thing if it can countedd as somthing bad lol,

so after few hours not asking my opinion or somthing airbnb just refund guest all remaining 7 days even more ridicilous is that guest was still in apartment she left only after hour it was already 7 pm so way past checkout time 10AM so 3rd day shouldd be charged definitely, and since I have strict policy she have no rights for any refund in my opinion. Then airbnb reply with their terms and conditions point 3 cases which give them right to refund guest, like no access to location misrepresented place, animal in apartment, nothing of that applies to my case. Professional support would point out exactly under which point they refund. Not just hiding under their terms of service that they can do whatever they want. On the phone support rep saying my apartment room was loud  and they refunded guest, LOoool Im responsible for every noise outside of apartment??? Hotel air condition compressors are barely noticiable, I guarantee -10-20% of amillions of airbnb apartments are more noisy in new york next to street etc Lol...

My conclusion airbnb is a joke for host after reading countless stories how they not pay about guest damage their position for me is clear that they actualy dsicriminating hosts, host always for them is piece of **bleep**.... no matter what, this is how I feel.

5 Replies 5
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Janis20I give you two suggestions from different perspective 

1. The guest originally booked the room which your girl friends mother was staying. Therefore, even though she agreed to switch, she still had the right to stay in that room.

2. Even though you have strict cancellation policy, it is better to refund the 7 days she did not stay because you two had the confrontation. It is not good for her to stay in the same house where your girl friend mother and your mother stay. 

3. Move on and you might get better guests after she left.

this is actualy more complain how airbnb support handle situation, in very first message when I explain situtation like this on airbnb via phone and chat, they reply me I didnt violated any hosting standards and all I did was fine !!!!

They didnt mention she had some rights on that room nothing. If they said yes she right I would offer guest to swtich rooms, my initial position was not to do because agreement even only in writing is agreement, if I as host agree take guest to airport and charge 40EUR I cant just charge 100 and or  dont do it at all, if I dont do it at all Im deserving at least negative review. This is not how things going!!!

Because of mere discussion they call it unsafe situation for guest, my girlfirend and her mother definitely then felt more "unsafe" when she with some power were trying to get in that room.

Personally I wouldnt call it unsafe no court or police in world would call some discussion unsafe (there were not some personal attacks by words etc just strict NO after she asked several times and that everyne want enjoy vacation not only she), but if airbnb definition of unsafe is just some discussion then this forum is unsafe because many opinions disagree.

fact is that host is discriminated and if guest chnage plans with long term reservations we talking about thousands or find something better he can make some stupid demands engage with discussion with host call situation unsafe and get full refund no qestions asked.

They didnt call me back and asked actualy no additional details, I answered them telling we had discussion and my guest felt little bit uncomfortable (it was my opinion that time) after talking with my girlfirend yesterday I understand it definitely felt her uncomfortable. So why would I need pay for this??? I have more than 100 reviews and not a ssingle person call me close to unsafe everybody writes just opposite calm guy. But in this situation I feel disrespectedd from airbnb support calling my home unsafe for guest only becaue I have some discussion with guest and from begining rejecting her claims.

2. refunding guest based on noise outside house

look this is beyind ridicilous maybe next time guest will get refund of bad weather....

There is some minimal noise from opposite hotel air condition units but its far worse in other places where windows facing major streets. 

you can be judge about noise !!!! 😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2aGsMTOxI

guest left sheets on floor making them difficult to wash and I had to make claim to get replacement.

This just show her attitude if she dont get something she do all possible crazy things, nobody left sheets on floor. Fact is if someone dosnt get what he wants they start to make up all kind of lies and BS

I didnt do it I could claim initially that she forced in my guest bedroom, but it would be made up claim because it was manageble situation.

4. End of the day she making up claims and airbnb will trust on word without asking me, only because she is women and or guest. This how I feel direspected and discriminated.

Now I willl put on my airbnb listings higher price just to cover up for incidents like this because with other platfroms I definitely have more control about my money. this is medium loss but lets say I rented whole aparmtnt for 4000 eur month some idiot comes make claim about noise outside tells airbnb they are unsafe and airbnb just refund everything, this is ridicilous. and Im going to vacation have no time find someone else and losing 4000eur for nothing.

Janis20
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

Every court would say words especially in writing counts as agreement, if I agreed in writing send you mobile phone and you agreed in writing pay me 200eur would I have right send you nothing? Complete bs, if something agreed it's agreed. 

Janis20
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

Then what she have right for room I show rights for original room, maybe rights for all house???

Janis20
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

And it effectively cost me 200 EUR because nobody book last minute for 5+ days, so why would I need pay from my pocket???? I have my expenses also this apartment didn't fall from sky as God gift...