cancelltion

Joško0
Level 1
Graz, Austria

cancelltion

Hi,

yesterday came a German cuople to my appartments. They booked in the meadle of the week for 2 nights. OK, I accepted, even that we have in Croatia - Dalmatia still season and there is a lot of guest s especialy in September or June likes to be longer in our destination. For many reasons, more quiet than in the peak of the season, bit cheaper, not so hot etc... So they disallowed a possibility to other guests to book whole week in this part of summer hollidays.

They came about 16.00.

They enter in our apartment, the first impression of our accomodation was very well, like all our guests until yesterday (please check all reports of our prevoius clients - guests) ,

10 mins later they call me that they like to cancel their stay in our appartment. 

The reason was that he and his wife began to complain that they were bitten by mosquitoes. OK, it could be. But we have in our apartments small electric appliances against mosquitos, in every space. We have three appartments. In the appartment right up to their, on the same floor is a couple with two kids, on the floor above 6 persons (not teens). In whole summer, in the passed years with Airbnb, or any other guests no one done such complain and such reason to cancel.

They send to me a message later on evening with this text:

"Hallo Josko
Wir haben nach langem Suchen ein neues Zimmer gefunden . Ich hoffe das du Airbnb
Bescheid gibst das unser Geld zurück überwiesen wird. Dann gibt es auch von uns keinen Eintrag
Gruß
Manfred"

So they asked me to pay them money back over AIrbnb, if I do not do it they will write bad report about our accomodation.

how do i understand this, like blackmail or?
They went to the apartment, used the toilet, used towels, we had to clean the toilets behind them and change the towels. Not a big deal but ....

And on their arrival they makes immidiately complains about difficoult travel per plain, about cancelation of their flight in Vienna and etc. Normaly they do not need to fly to Croatia over Vienna. Tey are from Cologne Germany. There are close 3 airports with very good connections to Croatia.

Please send me answer what should I do in this case. Did I have (not only me, AIRBNB as well) must pay them money back?

Thank you in advance 

best regards

Josko

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joško0   I don't read German- are you saying that he sent you an Airbnb message saying he would leave a good review IF you fully refunded him?  This is called extortion and is totally against Airbnb policies. Contact Airbnb immediately and send them a copy of his extortion demand. If it was a text message to your phone, you may have to forward them the text message- ask them how to do that. (This is why hosts recommend that all issues with guests be done through Airbnb messaging, so there's a record that they can easily see)

Also a guest who attempts to extort you in exchange for a good review is not allowed to leave any review at all. Make sure that Airbnb says they will not allow him to review.

Some people are mosquito magnets, it's true. Those kinds of people should travel with mosquito repellent.

Joško0
Level 1
Graz, Austria

Hi, 

Thank you very much,

Yes they  done it ,

I will send you the translation:

First, their letter to me, yesterday on the evening:

"Hello Josko
We found a new room after a long search. I hope you like Airbnb
Please let us know that our money will be returned. Then there is no entry from us
greeting
Manfred"

The second today, when they do not saw my immediate reaction with money paying back to them
This they published as report about my accommodation:
"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen
Accommodation in Zadar Studio graciela s1
Was not habitable because there mosquitoes and fleas me and my wife over 12 times each of us would have stabbed and we therefore immediately left for a new apartment to sibenik.
Therefore, we would like to get the amount paid back in full.
greeting
Manfred imsande“

Best regards
And thank you in advance

Josko
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joško0  Where did they "publish" the second report on your property? You mean they sent this to Airbnb? How were you able to see it?

Joško0
Level 1
Graz, Austria

I received per mail. they published on Airbnb my profile

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:
Von: "Airbnb" <express@airbnb.com>
Betreff: RE: Buchung der Unterkunft „Zadar, Studio Graciela S 1“ ( 4. September 2018 - 6. September 2018)
Datum: 5. September 2018 um 08:15:22 MESZ
An: jrokov7@gmail.com
Antwort an: "Manfred (Airbnb)" <3v84djcf8tgmjl4il3x4n1iw36eq@reply.airbnb.com>

AirbnbRE: Buchung der Unterkunft „Zadar, Studio Graciela S 1“ ( 4. September 2018 - 6. September 2018)

Manfred
2 Verifizierungen

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren
Die Unterkunft in Zadar Studio graciela s1
War nicht bewohnbar da dort Mücken und Flöhe mich und meine Frau über 12 mal jeden von uns gestochen hätten und wir deswegen sofort abgereist sind in eine neue Wohnung nach sibenik.
Wir möchten daher den gezahlten Betrag voll zurückerstattet bekommen.
Gruß
Manfred imsande
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joško0   I don't understand how their review could have appeared on your Airbnb profile so quickly unless you wrote a review for them as well. Reviews are not published until both host and guest have left a review, or, if only one party left a review, 14 days after the check-out date.

Maybe there is something lost in translation here, but this whole thing sounds weird. 

If I were you, as I said, I would contact Airbnb about the extortion- their review should be taken down. Airbnb leans very far towards guest support and not so much to hosts, but I know they take extortion demands ("I'll leave you a good review, or I won't leave a bad review if you.....") really seriously and from all reports, always support the host in such cases.

if it were just the mosquito issue, they would probably side with the guest, but the extortion takes it to another level.

Valentina757
Level 1
Skopje, Macedonia

Joshko

Do not worry, all guest have different character , I have guest who came at abnormal situation , I have call Airbnb and say to him directly if they publish review of this guest I will leave his site , Airbnb deepens from us , do not give some people to  make you bad host  just for mosquito

Do not back many , did you have write on your Airbnb site that at Vienna do not have mosquito , for sure no .

You have right .  

Valentina 

Mishel Apartment