false review

Shristi0
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

false review

How do i emove a completly dishonest review... my guest seems spiteful and has post lies about my apartment. I have enjoyed great reviews for the very same apartment in the past few weeks. How do i report her so that other hosts are not faced with a similiar dilemma later. 

8 Replies 8
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Shristi0  If you review the Air BNB Content Policy and believe this review meets the criteria for removal, contact Air BNB and request the removal.  You have already provided a response to the review and along with all your positive reviews, potential guests will probably not pay attention to the negative comments in her review.  Most guests will be interested in your response to see if you are defensive or belittling or if you are professional.

I always look at any guest feedback as a potential for improvement in my listing.  If there is anything you can do to address a problem even if you don't think it is a problem, you will only enhance the guest experience.  As I have begun to travel more using Air BNB, I am more sensitive to the guest experience.

Thank you...I will review the policy

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

OnlyAirBnB can remove a review, if it the one I assume it is I doubt they will.

Your opportunity to report her to other hosts is with the review, a big thumbs down and low star rating.

David

Thank you for your feedback... its is helpful

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Shristi0

The review that is visible to the public isn't all that bad, really, just annoying. But you responded accordingly, though you could have left out the issues that she hadn't brought up in the public response, because doing that only draws extra attention to the review.

Always be honest in a review about a guest if they weren't the best guests. If you really wouldn't advise them to others, then do other hosts a favor and give them a thumbs down as @David126 advises. However, that's only possible when reviewing them and not after it's already been published.

Thanks for your reassuring feedback. I must admit to being very disappointed as I thought that I had built great rapport with the guest... who asked about Airbnb and she actually said she like the place very much.

@Shristi0  I am curious about what star rating did she give you.  You gave her a very positive review.  She is new as a guest on Air BNB.  I find new guests need help understanding this type of accommodation and I spend more time with them.  Educating about the review process might be helpful with new guests.  Some of her statements might have been addressed as a private message if she basically enjoyed her stay.

Hi Linda... thank you for you feedback... being fairly new to AirBnb...i appreciate the feedback, its very useful. I rated the guest a 5 as she was very pleasant  and left my place quite neat and tidy, especially after staying there with 5 adults and a child. She even emptied out the bin... which i though was very considerate of her. There was no reason for me to rate her poorly as we both seemed happy ...even sent me a personal text message saying thank you for the stay at my place.