guest cancelation

guest cancelation

I had an inquirey but during discussion they decided that my place was not sutiable for their needs.   I asked him to cancel his trip under "your trips" but he said he didn't have me listed or anything under His Trips.  I would prefer that he cancel so I won't have to "decline" yet again.  What can I do?  Airbnb still sending me messages to preapprove him.  

7 Replies 7
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

inquiries don't have to be cancelled, they cancel themselves. If you have accepted him and he says no, that is all you have to do.

Gretchen0
Level 6
Oregon City, OR

I bet if you check your available dates, you will see the dates he inquired about are open.
Ruth425
Level 3
Mogadore, OH

Pam, you can pre-approve so that you don't get a penalty for too many declines, but then block those dates. His enquiry will then show "not possible" and you can open the dates again after 24 hours. I've done this before, and it has been the best way forward.

@Ruth425  It isn't necessary to either pre-approve or decline an Inquiry. Just message the guest back, that's all that's required. Never decline them and only pre-approve if you feel okay about accepting a reservation from the person. Pre-approving and then blocking the dates means no one else could book those dates for 24 hours. 

Thanks Sarah - but if you neither pre-approve nor decline, Air BnB keeps sending you messages and telling you how much time you have left to respond. And if you don't respond one way or the other, you get "bad marks" on response time.

@Ruth425 Yes, you'll get those messages, but you can safely ignore them. You don't get dinged on response time for an Inquiry as long as you've messaged the guest back within 24 hours.

A Booking Request, yes, you do have to either Accept or Decline within 24 hours or your response rate will suffer.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

So long as you respond to his inquires you do not need to accept or decline him. AirBnB botts just love to send you messages that you can ignore at no penalty.