linked calendars

Arinna0
Level 4
Edmonton, Canada

linked calendars

I have a number of rooms and have been hosting for 7 years so am pretty familiar with the site, however I'm having a problem and wonder if there's a solutions.

I have 4 rooms listed in total,  but not always available as one is my bedroom when I'm home...

i would like to offer the option of booking 1 or 2 or 3 rooms at a time (maybe 4 if i can figure this out).  I have single listings for each room.  I created a 2 bedroom listing and linked the 2 rooms included in that.  Then, I created a 3 bedroom listing, which I would like to be the first 2 rooms plus 1 more and a private kitchen.  When I go to create the linked calendar, the ones that are included in the first linked listing are not available to add to the 3 bedroom listing.  is there a way to imbed the 2 bedroom linked listing into the 3?  Or do I have to choose between 1 or the other?

thanks!

6 Replies 6
Linda505
Level 4
Ballarat, Australia

If I were you I would just keep the single listings and put in all of the descriptions that you have more rooms for people traveling in a group.

I realise you will miss out on being in the search results for larger groups, but it seems like having so many different listings for the one place would get a bit messy and confusing and a recipe to get double booked (my worst fear in life!)

Pamela370
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

I am having the same issue.  I want to be able to book each room seperately or together.  I thought I linked them all correctly but now I am getting double booked.  

Ruben16
Level 2
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Yes, it's possible to Linked Airbnb calendars.  The issue is when you're trying to combine a "multiple of multiple" combinations, I know this sounds complicated.  I will try to explain below:

You have ONE home with 3 rooms.  Originally you created 3 listings, one per room.  

Then you realized, I can also rent the whole home (all three rooms together) as a separate single listing!

So you create a main listing for allowing renting the whole home(all three rooms) and

Used "Linked Airbnb calendars" to avoid double booking.

Up to this point everything works perfect.  

BUT...

You also realized you can book 2 out of 3 rooms at a time.  

If you use "Linked Airbnb calendars" this will not work any more.

A better way to explain issue and what we are trying to achive.

THIS WORKS, 4 LISTINTS:

Combine ALL 3of3 in one listing : #1, #2 and #3

Separate room listing for:  #1

Separate room listing for:  #2

Separate room listing for:  #3

* This gives customers the option of booking three(3) rooms together or one(1) room.

THIS DOES NOT WORK, 7 LISTINGS:

Combine ALL 3of3 in one listing : #1, #2 and #3

Comine 2of3 listings: #1 and #2

Comine 2of3 listings: #1 and #3

Comine 2of3 listings: #2 and #3

Separate room listing for:  #1

Separate room listing for:  #2

Separate room listing for:  #3

* This gives customers the option of booking three(3) rooms together, two(2) rooms or one(1) room.

ISSUE / CONCLUSION:

7 LISTING combinaitons will not link calendar propertly, potentially allowing double booking.

The obious will be to set up "Linking Airbnb calendars" as follow, make "Combine ALL 3of3 in one listing :" your main listing and the rest sub-listings of it.

If a guest books any of the "Comine 2of3 listings:" the "Combine ALL 3of3 in one listing :" will be blocked but the "Separate room listing for:" will NOT be blocked/syc.

Please advice, if there is a way arroun this issue.

Paul405
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Have you ever received any resolution to this issue? We have a similar situation and had our three calendars linked so that if any booked the other two were blocked; that scenario worked for about 6 months. Then we suddenly began getting double booked (and unduly punished by Airbnb for the cancellations that were then required) and realized the 3-way calendar link was no longer working. Now we only have 2-way calendar linking and must race to block our third listing whenever anyone books one of the other two. The people in customer service do not even seem to "get" this issue or our struggle, and we're starting to wonder if it's worth the hassle. We may just delete the third listing . . .

Paola1026
Level 2
Marsaskala, Malta

I am having the same problem, at least I did not get double booking but I had only few hours to prepare the whole apartment for next guests. This should be fixed.

Stephen694
Level 2
Charlbury, United Kingdom

I have one Annex space with two rooms, and have three listings so that there is flexibility in booking. When I to plan go away I need to block out the space up to a year ahead. I used to operate sync calendars between the three listings, but have just decided to use Link calendar function instead, as sync does not now work properly outside my six month booking window.

Be careful, as I had thought that blocking out the primary listing would prevent bookings on the linked calendars, as I thought 'blocking' would have the same status as a confirmed booking which does this - it does not. You have to block out all listings. I don't know why Airbnb does not fix this, as it could easily lead to bookings that you cannot honour.