listing not appearing on map

Answered!
Lisa414
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

listing not appearing on map

Hi when I searched to find my listing it is not coming up and also not appearing on the map...

what can i do to make it pop up!

Thank you!

Lisa

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lisa414,

I searched for "Entire home/apt" accommodation in Waverley for the 23rd to the 28th of December and your listing showed up.

I did have to zoom in quite close as you can see from the screenshot below.

I don't know which dates you used in your search. Apart from all dates in the range being available on your calendar you also have to take account of any minimum stay requirement you have for those dates.

Yours isn't an instant book listing so beware of Airbnb automatically turning that filter on when you search. They do that automatically if the dates you search for are in the near future or there are lots of listings in the area.

The article below by Jeet has some hints for searching for your own listing.

Why-can-t-I-see-my-listing-in-the-Search-Results?

Screenshot (167).png

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lisa414,

I searched for "Entire home/apt" accommodation in Waverley for the 23rd to the 28th of December and your listing showed up.

I did have to zoom in quite close as you can see from the screenshot below.

I don't know which dates you used in your search. Apart from all dates in the range being available on your calendar you also have to take account of any minimum stay requirement you have for those dates.

Yours isn't an instant book listing so beware of Airbnb automatically turning that filter on when you search. They do that automatically if the dates you search for are in the near future or there are lots of listings in the area.

The article below by Jeet has some hints for searching for your own listing.

Why-can-t-I-see-my-listing-in-the-Search-Results?

Screenshot (167).png

Nikki108
Level 1
New Zealand

Hi Lisa and others

My listing is not appearing on the map.  Also our prices are appearing at $400 per night over the listing price for the period.  I have simple price setting and removed the setting that had appeared from nowhere that had one-week specials over Christmas /New Year for our nightly rate.   We have limited nights for guest stays due to Council by-laws and they are watching our property online like a hawk.  I risk being prosecuted if we breach any rules.  The Council has just changed the rules, which coincidentally reflect our nights stays through AirBNB last year.  I know we will be the ones to be made an example of given the high profile nature of the property locally.

The last guests were tech-savvy from San Franciso amongst others.  Many of the changes made by them to security in the house were for the best, although not requested.  eg. it is no longer possible to set the alarm inside the house by mistake if a young child pushes buttons for example.

The very last guest of the person that made the booking was I now realize a very wealthy man who had just acquired a kiwi passport.  I am concerned that freezing us out of income could be an attempt to force us to sell the property.  And they were tech-savvy.  A stockbroker tried this with me once before.  And I am also anti bit-coin as it funds chemical warfare (for the benefit of anyone else)!!  Do you know how to communicate with Airbnb management, locate our listing on the map, and stop weird price changes that do not reflect the price schedule or settings actually made by me?  We are desperate for a booking.  It is close to Christmas and the house is empty over the busiest period of the year.  This is to be our retirement business when we return to run the house as a B&B when kids finish school.