no photo for guest who just booked

Éimhín-And-Jonny0
Level 1
County Clare, Ireland

no photo for guest who just booked

hi there,

in my settings I have selected that guests must have a profile photo an verified government Id.

however just received a booking for 3 nights for a man with neither of the above ? how was he able to book of these are the requirements I have asked for for my listing? 

thanks 

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Éimhín-And-Jonny0. You may contact Airbnb (pinned post in help section how to do it) and request them to cancel the reservation because you feel uncomfortable with it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Diane137
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I've hosted for 2+ years now and have had 3 of these 'no photo' bookings recently occur. Before declining, please consider this... Airbnb has changed their software to allow for this flexibility and hosts must now click the Reservation Requirements check-box in the Listing dashboard to force the traveler to post a photo to book. When it first occured I called Airbnb to report this software glitch and the agent offered to cancel the booking. I thought that was extreme because I sensed the traveler (a mom on a girl's weekend) was innocent of any wrong-doing. I'm glad I didn't follow the agent's suggestion, she and her girl friends were one of my favorite guests!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There is a a difference between photo ID which a guest provides to Airbnb and a guest having a photo on their profile.

Just contact the guest and ask them to upload a clear photo of themselves and if they haven't completed their profile to complete it.

There is no need to ask Airbnb to cancel the booking at this stage.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Éimhín-And-Jonny0,

I'd contact support to register the issue.

As you have instant book set guests should be able to book only if they meet your requirements. If they don't meet them they can still send reservation requests.

I have instant book set and recently received requests from guests with no profile photo. I messaged support asking how this was possible and they just said "we passed your question to the team".

I responded to the guest by asking them to upload a photo before approving them.

With a confirmed booking from someone who doesn't meet requirements, I'd ask them to upload a profile photo and to go through the verification process. I'd contact support about the issue in any case and, if the guest doesn't comply within 20 hours, ask that the reservation be cancelled.

Steve.

Rae18
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

But meanwhile your property is off the market and blocked.  I would just send the guest a denial and explain why and ask them to post photo and rebook.  I will not accept anyone into my home without a photo.