payment

Wally26
Level 1
Mansfield, CT

payment

After being affiliated to airbnb since 2018 this is the first time I din't get my payment. Anybody experiencing the same?

I haven't changed any information to the bank account that I always received the payments. All of a sudden airbnb claims they can not do the transfer and ask me to update my bank account information. When I try to do that there is a problem on their website that doesn't allow me to enter this information.

I have called them a couple of times , they send me form one department to another and nobody is able  to fix the problem.

Is anyone in the community facing the same problem ? Can anyone give an idea on how to proceed to get paid.

Thank you for your attention .

13 Replies 13
Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Wally26 : Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, you are one host in a looooong line of hosts that are currently  experiencing this, or have in the past. Search this forum and you’ll find several posts. A couple of fellow hosts in Sweden are experiencing the exact same thing: Payout method/bank account that has been working for a long time, suddenly “doesn’t work anymore”. They were asked to re-enter payout method/bank account, entered the same info - does not work. Then follows a loooong period of trying to get help from Airbnb, who seem to still - after apparently having had these issues for years - be unable to fix it.

One host has been waiting since August, still no solution. Another host was waiting from sometime 2019!!!, and in December 2020 had still not received the money owed to him by Airbnb. Apparently he kept hosting through 2020 - without getting paid (I certainly would not have). 

I don’t have any good advice for you, as my fellow hosts have not found a solution yet - but maybe someone else in here can advice? 

Thank you very much for your reply . I guess it is time to call my lawyer then.

Hopefully we can resolve this quickly.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Katie@Liv@Nick@Quincy@Lizzie,

I am sure that @Wally26 would appreciate any assistance from either of you to get his problem escalated and resolved.

Same thing happening to me.  26 DAYS since the guest arrived and not a single penny in my account. Calling them dozens of time, I get the invariable "looking into it" response but...nothing so far. Am quite desperate. Anybody has a phone number to the Payment Center?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi  @Wally26 

I'm sorry to see you are experiencing this payment issue. I'm one of the Community Managers here in the Community Centre and did come across your post yesterday. I've already sent all the information and details you provided to the appropriate department. 

I'll come back to you via DM when they update me on this. 

Thank you

Also, thanks for the tag on this @Debra300 

@Nick  I desperately need your help. After 26 days the guest is leaving today and I haven't received any payment. I explained the details of the issue in one of these related posts. I urgently need to contact the Payment Center BY PHONE. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ahmed94
Level 2
Paris, France

Something similar is happening to me. I hosted a guest and the next day after they arrived Airbnb sent the payment but it went to an account that was no longer valid so it was rejected and the funds sent back to Airbnb. I updated my payment options, selected a valid bank account and immediately let Airbnb know, both by phone and support with proof that their initial payment had been rejected.

It has been now...26 days! Yes, TWENTY-SIX days, I have sent dozens of messages to Airbnb Support, called them at least 6 times. And they keep on telling me, "don't worry, we'll check and make a new payment." So far nothing. I am desperate. The guest is leaving today after having stayed 26 days in my apartment...FOR FREE. 

What can I do? When I call them on the phone I get useless customer support who are clueless and tell me this is with the Payment Center, but there is no phone to call the Payment Center, only via email and sometimes they just ignore me. 

What is going on? Is Airbnb broke and keeping funds owed hosts?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ahmed94 

Sorry to see you are experiencing the same issue. I sent over the details you provided to the team. I know from experience when an error like this occurs, it takes a bit of time for the issue to be resolved, which is why it is crucial always to have the updated, correct payment information on your account.

I will send you a DM updating you on this when the team gets back to me.

Thanks

Nick,

Yes, I eventually got paid after waiting for a month and a half, and endless calls and messages. So draining, a horrid experience.

I then found out that Airbnb had received the funds for the first payment for THREE WEEKS before they initiated the second payment. I asked for an explanation, and they refused to provide me with one, although I had the proof of this dyfunctional process. I asked for Compensation and they turned me down. I asked who I can escalate this to, and their response has been to close the case and ignore me ever since.

I am so disgusted at the whole episode and Airbnb behavior.

Anybody knows the contact details of the Airbnb ombudsman or any team to who I can send my grievances against the Payments department?

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Ahmed94@Wally26 : Were your issues solved, did you get paid?

I was just in contact with the guest I mentioned, who had been trying to get paid since August.

She finally succeeded - after 6 months of messages, calls, promises etc!!!

But they never succeeded in paying to the account that she had used for over a year, or explaining  WHY an account that had worked for long, suddenly didn't work anymore. After 6 months of waiting and trying and writing and calling, she finally entered a different account, and then it worked. 

Go figure...

I then found out that Airbnb had received the funds for the first payment for THREE WEEKS before they initiated the second payment. I asked for an explanation, and they refused to provide me with one, although I had the proof of this dyfunctional process. I asked for Compensation and they turned me down. I asked who I can escalate this to, and their response has been to close the case and ignore me ever since.

I am so disgusted at the whole episode and Airbnb behavior.

Anybody knows the contact details of the Airbnb ombudsman or any team to who I can send my grievances against the Payments department?

My reply to you missed the first sentence "Yes, I eventually got paid after waiting for a month and a half, and endless calls and messages. So draining, a horrid experience."

Ahmed94
Level 2
Paris, France