red dot on the calendar, what does it mean?

Answered!
William286
Level 2
Danville, CA

red dot on the calendar, what does it mean?

I do not understand what the red dot is on the calendar?  It seems to be mostly on the week days?  Does it mean my place is not available?

1 Best Answer

Thank you-the site is just advising me to lower the price for better likelihood of bookings...

thanks!

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

Kinda bad design. Hard to find what this means. Hidden in a "?" button at the top of the screen definitely doesnt help.

I have never once noticed that question mark until reading your post.  Insane.

Katie449
Level 4
White Salmon, WA

Always with subtle pressure to lower pricing... They should add a green dot to show all the searches that were booked at a higher price, then provide the numbers for both. That way, we'd have a more balanced view of what is happening.

I agree with Katie.  I have wondered why no one EVER seems to book at a rate higher than mine, only lower.  It would be nice to know the balance between those that chose lower and those that chose higher.  Having said that, I have a full two-bedroom suite I rent out yet I am constantly reminded that people are booking for less at other places.  Of course they are - one room in a house hardly compares to a two-bedroom suite.  AirBnB seems to think I should give it away.  I am not sure Smartpricing would even pay for the laundry to wash the sheets.  

Amanda253
Level 1
San Diego, CA

It's meaningless. All my available dates have a red dot on them and yet I have ~60% occupancy over the past year and no available weekends for the next 2 1/2 months of my 6 month booking window. So, it doesn't mean low booking probability even though it says it means that.

@Amanda253 I'm starting to look at both the red dot and the lightbulb as the annoying kids in school who have all the answers but no friends.