same sms from AirB&B every few seconds, 100s received

Carla237
Level 1
Walsall, United Kingdom

same sms from AirB&B every few seconds, 100s received

Hello,

I just started out with AirB&B, though I have 10 years with rival organisations. I just got my first AirB&B booking and now I am suffering receiving the same ping, ring, buzz SMS every 15 seconds from AirB&Btelling me of the booking, even though I have long since contacted the guest, and received replies from him. It's crazy. I have never had such annoying sms ... over 200 so far in 2 hours. 

I have tried to contact AirBB but there seems to be no way, a faceless organisation that has no help point with an employee. 

Can anyone tell me how to actually contact someone at AirB&B to tutn off these sms, please?

Another 20 since starting to write this.

Kind regards, Carla

3 Replies 3

Uninstall the app on your phone and re-install.  You can also go to your profile settings and turn off SMS messaging.  What I suspect you are getting are both Airbnb app notifications and Text messages.  You need to turn the text messaging part off and limit the number of notifications you are receiving.  

If you really want to talk to someone at Airbnb, use the search to find the community help guide to contacting Airbnb or go to the  Help Section where it is permanently located.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great suggestions @Alice-and-Jeff0. 🙂

Lovely to meet you @Carla237, hopefully this will resolve this, it would be great to receive an update from you. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Carla237
Level 1
Walsall, United Kingdom

Hello and thanks all, very dearly, but after a few hundred sms' I had to turn off the SIM card.  It's not app related as there is no app on my phone,  as I do not use apps.  So, I could not follow that lead, alas.  It'd probably still be pinging sms' were I dare to turnit on again.  This brings me to a related question, thanks to Alice and Jeff's point.  I was in mid-France last week, and I wanted to make an Air B&B booking south of Lyon,  not far from Vienne, on the river Rhone.  I tried via my laptop, and I simply could not, as AirB&B sent me a request to verify myself ... as an app! Not everyone uses or carrys all the time, many older people, and some younger prefer a mobile phone, not a so-called smart one.  Well, I was unable to prove my ID due to this, as the link did not open in my Win10 laptop PC and having only a button mobile phone all I could do was look it up on another www advert on my PC then call, you know, telephone directly through  to France Gites, which still offers a voice service,  I.E. a person at the end of the phone,  so all was well in the end but I realised how hard it can be to make bookings using AirB&B without a pocket slab with apps.  Most older people I know don't have them yet travel all the time. Best wishes one and all, Carla