set pricing percent discount for a time period, how to set this up?

Lindsey43
Level 2
Kingston, NY

set pricing percent discount for a time period, how to set this up?

I got an email from AirBnB suggesting I set a discount of 10 percent for a specific time period, but when I click the link in the email I can't figure out how to implement their suggestion. It just takes me to my calender where I can set a price. The email makes it seem liek the guests would be sent a discount offer. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or how to do this? I don't really want to manually change the price for each night but that would be easier than trying to find the answer to my question on AirBnB, sigh. 

5 Replies 5
Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Lindsey43  From your Calendar: Availability Settings; Reservation Preferences; Add requirements for seasons and weekends; scroll down to Specific Dates.

When I follow your instructions it allows me to set a minimum stay requirement, which is not what I want. Here's what I want to do, pasted from the AirBnB email. I know how to set a discount when someone asks me a question but not how to trigger a discount offer based on page views, which is what they seem to be suggesting. 

"Guests looking at listings like yours for April 27-May 10 will be sent a special-offer email and see “10% off” on your listing when they search by those dates."

Any help appreciated! 

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Lindsey43  Oh, that's right.

I searched 10% in this forum and other hosts couldn't see how to follow Airbnb's 10% suggestion either.

I have received 10% offers when I have been browsing listings as a guest.

Sorry not to be able to help.

I have the same question.  I did see that it added the discount of 10%, and said it will email that automatically when people are searching in that date range.  I would like to set that up on other dates as well, and have an email sent to prespective guests.

Joe

I talked to airbnb reps on the phone and this is all a test on airbnb's part so even though they are sending these emails there is no way doe you to set up the discount at this time. So I hope this helps any host who is gonig crazy trying to make the 10 percent offer work out - there is no way to do it!!!