stays that are less than minimum nights

Susan627
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

stays that are less than minimum nights

if a potential guest is searching for a duration that is less than our minimum stay does it automatocally exclude our home from their search results?

for example, if they only want to stay for one night and we have a two night minimum will that exclude our property?

it occurs to me that someone looking might be prepared to pay a premium (up to teh cost of the two nights) to stay for one night.  Or at least as the question.

And I"m thinking about when we list at christmas time and are thinking of a 5-7 night minium stay. if someone searches for less nights would they find our place.

hope this makes sense.

i also think it would be a good design improvement

thanks

Susan

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Susan627,

If someone searches for listings for a 1 night stay and yours has a two night minimum then yours won't show in their search results.

For a listing to show up a guest has to search for a number of nights greater or equal to the listing's minimum.

Steve.

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

If I'm staying 3 nights I don't want to be bothered by listings with only 2 nights. There are so many listings out there so you'd want Airbnb to show listings with the exact search-preferences. Everything else just clutters the search and booking - process.

Alexandra224
Level 6
Merida, Mexico

Yes, basically, that's why experts recommend leave 1 night, but if you don't mind getting a fewer bookings, and just waiting for someone who wants to book 5-7, its good for you, so you have to clean less, and worry less about your guests, but it's a fact that your bookings will lower very much with a high minimum night.

I believe just 10% of people can afford long stays like those. 

But at the end everything depends on the host, if you are comfortable with it and works for you, go ahead 🙂