stop receiving email when new message

Vassko0
Level 1
New York, NY

stop receiving email when new message

how can i stop receiving an email after ever message i receive? I do not want emails to arrive except when i have confirmed a reservation. many thanks!

21 Replies 21
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Vassko0 I'm not sure I understand your question.  Don't you want an email notification for reservation inquiries?  It is just as important to respond to inquiries as it is for reservation requests.   If you have your notification settings set to receive emails from guests you will get them for both inquiries and reservation requests.  No way to allow one without the other, I'm afraid. 

Hi Clare.. I do not want to receive any emails from AIRBNB except once a reservation has been confirmation and I receive my trip itinerary. I have tried to switch off all notifications in my settings, and continue to receive emails (also received one notifying me of your response). Can you help?

@Vassko0 Ah, so you are a guest, not a host?  You can change your notification setting anytime.

https://www.airbnb.com/users/notifications

You can also stop emails from this community by changing your community settings on your profile:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/

Sorry for my confusion!

Thanks for getting back to me Clare. I have turned all of those notifications off.. .and continue to receive notifications from my airbnb account (whenever i receive a message from a host)

Dan127
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I get the same also, I am a guest and use the AirBnB app for my messages and use the in app notifications, because they are more important than most my emails which I check less often. 

Problem for me is all my notifications are turned off and I still get an email for EVERY single Air BnB message, sometimes it's a lot of messages. 

Tempted just to relegate AirBnB to my junk email.

i would like to disable notifications that i receive in my email as well. i already get a push notification to the APP, there is no need to receive an email notifying me that i received a message. I already get notified via push, text, and io dont need anymore crap clogging my email accounts up. I looked on the settings page and it looks like you can disable email for everything else, but i dont see message setting

My wife continues to get email notification with every message sent between me (the booker) and the hosts. I set her up using my Airbnb business account as an employee of our company. She turned off her email notifcations, but they keep coming. I want to coordinate with the hosts until she actually arrives, so this is really annoying. 

I agree. Too many reminder emails and text messages. Especially when you are getting a lot of queries it gets rather annoying.

@Arden3 That's funny since so many people tell Airbnb that they were never notified to: write a review, respond to an inquiry, respond to a reservation request, etc.   Apparently for some there are not enough reminders while for some there are too many.

Dan127
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yeah that's true, so there should be a choice, currently no way to turn off email notifications regarding messages from others.

Messages are sent to cell phones. The email is redundant. 

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

There's nothing that Clare or anyone else can do, the only settings you can make are those in your account -> notifications screen which don't give you the fine-grained options you want.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 12.20.45 pm.pngHi! This might help, head to your "ACCOUNT" then "NOTIFICATIONS" and make sure everything is unticked in email settings.

That doesn't help. This is simple stuff and should be simple to fix but isn't. Very annoying.