the guests reviews

the guests reviews

When I did some researches about the lists ,I found that some lists hasn't reviews yet although it has been added since 1 year. So Could the list be rented and the guests don't write any reviews??? or the guests must write thier reviews???

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Danny9
Level 10
Palma, Spain

@Mada0

Nope. Airbnb does not have any monopoly on violence whatsoever, and cannot force anyone to write any review:). They can ask for it. They can repeatedly urge the hosts and the guests to review respectively but if anyone chooses NOT to review that is where the game ends. 

Some people list but offer very few available dates, since they or their famililes or other rental sites may be using the listingm too. Hence, they are present on Airbnb but have not generated any reviews yet. 

I have encoutered guests who were very specific about asking me NOT to review them. They quoted privacy reasons, and said that they would not be reviewing my listing either. I always agree with such guests but do message them saying that I will gladly forfait my right to review only if there is no issue to be reported. 

Reviews are very useful but cannot be made mandatory. The guests are paying guest, and they do not owe us reviews. The hosts are service suppliers who may find it useful to review but cannot made to do so. 

Danny

Expert support for your listings in Palma de Mallorca!

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Mada0 yes, some of the guests don't write reviews, although they normally stay and pay all the money for the listing. I really don't know what the statistics are but in my case, only 1 out of 30 guests didn't write. 

@Danny9 explains the situation very well. 

Also, I find it good that you are studying on the listings of your area in order to see what other hosts manage in your neighborhood. 

However, have always in mind that every listing is unique and you always have the chance to make a remarkable success, no matter what your neighbors do. 

@Ira4 thank you for your kindly reply , and I appreciate your encouraging to me 🙂

Maya17
Level 4
Basel, Switzerland

Another possibility is that the listing might be published on multiple platforms, so in this case the property may appear as blocked in the Airbnb calendar, but the bookings were carried out somewhere else, hence no reviews.

@Maya17 thank your for your concerning to reply 🙂
all of you are very helpfull and awesome 🙂