Guest not Leaveing reviews Default setting

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Guest not Leaveing reviews Default setting

Hi Folks

I'm at it again, thinking out side the box.

Comment:

Airbnb have concluded that, if a guest does not leave a review, it is a mark against the Host and will affect one getting a "Super Host status", one must have a review rate of greater than or equal to 50% to achieve this objective.

Problem:

This is like the location factor, its completely outside the control of the host and Airbnb asinine view on this topic needs to change.

Host even with reminders forget to make reviews for all sorts of reasons, and it should not be concluded as a derogatory statement.

Solution:

If a guest does not leave a review it should be stated on their profile.

“Guest did not leave a review for this host”

And this default setting should be added to the Host review status so efficiently the Host get 100%

If a guest is a serial offender in this regard, It will also put pressure on guests to write a review Good, Bad, or indifferent.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII

4 Replies 4
Sarah486
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I agree! AirBnB needs to resolve this!

Dewi5
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

I always write review for all my guests. But not all guest leave review for me as a host... Another problem, I have two guest wrote a loong and very good review, but they did not tick any the star...What will happened to an overall review?
Mimi13
Level 7
Union Pier, MI

As a fairly new host, with less than a year, reviews have been a help to me. But, yes, the Airbnb process needs reviewing itself. As many have stated (on other subject threads), I can't change my location. And value is always a subjective thing. But items like cleanliness and communication are valuable to the potential guest.

My guests have been great about writing reviews, but if they don't, it's not my fault! And maybe it's not their fault, either. Case in point - In Jan. 2016, I drove from Michigan to Florida to visit my mom and kids, who have all ended up there. Several days later, I flew to Belize for about 10 days. (No, I didn't stay Airbnb because there weren't many choices. The number had trippled by this year when I was curious and checked.) Several days after returning to Florida, and about 3 days before planning to return home, I came down with the "flu". I was so sick I was unable to head for home until almost 4 weeks later than planned. When I did get home, I was still recoving, dealing with things I had expected to have done, and had a manager who told me my job was in jeopardy because I hadn't returned when my "leave" was over. (I was in contact every 4-5 days, though.) Also, on the day I had planned to head home, my 93 year old mom had the first of 2 heart attacks. Three months later, my brother and I drove her to Michigan where she now lives with him.

No, I didn't write reviews for the places I stayed in Belize. Was it my fault? Sure. I didn't do it, but I'd like a pass on that, please. Was it the fault of the several terriffic places I stayed? Absolutely not!

Tomiko0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

While your location cannot be changed, your description of the location should be ACCURATE and that SHOULD be graded by the guest.  Hosts need to be honest in describing their surrounds so that guests know what they are buying into.  While I would not choose to book in some wreck of a neighborhood, others just might not care (needs someplace priced accordingly, or close/walking distance to whatever...) but at least tell me what its like - accurately.  It should be made very clear to the guest doing the review that it is the accuracy of the description of the location that is being graded, not the location(city, neighborhood, rural) which of course is something the host cannot change.  

How?  As hosts, you can provide pictures of the neighborhood or street, the realtor's description of neighborhood or part of the city, type (family friendly, trendy, etc), type and name of stores, significant attractions, services and the true distance to them (a block, less one mile, walking distance, etc.).  I think some idea of transportation most appropriate for location - city/suburban/rural walking, bus or subway stop distance, need for car, taxi, Uber/Lyft time, distance and cost to areas of interest, local biking, horse trails or distance, etc.  I also encourage potential guests that want even more information to use the Google Maps to drill down to walking and street level or use fly-by feature of Google Earth of the approximate location given in the listing.  You can sometimes do an image search and get tons more info.

NEVER give the exact address for people that want to 'check out' the property before booking...even asking for it is a violation of AirBnB guest and host safety policy.  Of course, there are always unscrupulous people that will scam the booking system to get that information if they really, really want it.  But report them!