Instant book has made my listing invisible

Arno6
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Instant book has made my listing invisible

My apartement is not an instant book apartment, the default search option with IB on has made my apartment invisible and I have seen search volumes drop to almsot zero, I am sure I am not the only host who is experiencing this. 

Would it not be better to add a IB icon to IB listings instead of removing non IB listings?

Seems that if you are not offering IB you are at a massive disadvantage.

7 Replies 7
Cathy65
Level 10
Bloomington, IN

Welcome to the Brave New World where it's all about the Airbnb bottom line and coddling guests, at the expense of the hosts every time. I am a Superhost, have hosted for over four years. But because I am not willing to accept just anyone, I'm getting frozen out.

Dana50
Level 1
Mill Valley, CA

Ditto.  Our place is now invisible due to the default IB option.

I agree that a button for folks to choose 'IB only' is more fair.  Also, why are you pushing so hard to not have interaction?  I thought AirBnB is all about establishing trust between guests and hosts.  

For hosting, I enjoy a dialogue with folks I'm hosting as ours is a lovely home in a superb location for a good price, but it's funky and I want to know that the person is up for that before they book.  All of our guests have loved our place, but that's because I dialogue and manage expectations before I accept their request.

I agree with comments thus far that this new setting is selfish and destructive-- it is at the expense of the hosts, who then risk getting bad reviews or cancellations, because they were pressured by AirBnB to choose IB in order to be visible, thus foregoing the very important step of establishing trust and managing expecatations.  

Craig64
Level 2
New York, NY

Terrible change and hosts should both resist and continue complaining loudly. Completely goes against the spirit of the platform and the environment most of us signed up for. Completely unacceptable.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Jessica151
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

1. Why has this whole thread been archived by Air BnB?

2. I agree with all statements above, my listing is now invisible, I am very unhappy with the service from Air BnB in this area.

Prakash4
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Well ladies and guys. I am on Instabook, but guess what .........my apartment is still  invisible in default search with Instabooking on!!!!! They seem to have a serious bug here!!!!!!! And I have no idea whom to contact!

Diana133
Level 3
Eastbourne, GB

My place is also invisible due to the default IB setting. Shame on Airbnb!