Let's talk Home Automation

Johnno0
Level 2
Dartmouth, Canada

Let's talk Home Automation

AirBNB has partnered with lockstate for an integrated lock solution - which is great. But do they have any plans to pursue more automation? I'm interested for a few reasons:

The current locks selection available is a bit on the expensive side. I find it hard to justify $400+ on a smart lock when I could be gearing up my whole place for that price.

I'd like to integrate something more intuitive - like a full home automation platform. ZWave, openhab, etc.

This would open up options for more affordable smart locks, default lighting, default temperature control... almost any smart device.

3 Replies 3
Mitchell16
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

@Johnno0 Have you looked into Lutron's Caseta Wireless connected home system. The lighting control system can scale throughout your home easily with a a starter kit containing a wireless remote, smart dimmer (easy to install, I relaced a switch in my home in about 10 minutes) and a smart bridge (hub, controls up to 50 devices/loads) all for about $100. Their system integrates with smart thermostats; Nest, Ecobee, Honeywell and other home automated products such as Apple homekit & Siri, Amazon Alexa, Sonos, wink and AV security systems. Through their app you can control your lights remotely as well as program dimming levels to save energy. You can also put your lights on scheduling and geofencing (when you have the app it uses your location and you can set the radius so when you/guests go X ft from the house the lights turn off. Pretty cool solution with a lot of integration for additional smart home product to build into your home and also allows that personal dimming control and increased aesthetics. I just expanding my system purchasing a few Caseta lamp dimmers to control table lamps in my system and love it.

Johnno0
Level 2
Dartmouth, Canada

Hi Mitchell, thanks for your input.

Does Caseta also interface with AirBNB directly?

I'm looking for a smart home option that will be in sync with my check-ins and check-outs.

Thanks!!

I love the Sonos integration. I have my Sonos Play:1 and Play:3 integrated and it works like a charm.