Make private feedback public....

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Make private feedback public....

I find it frustrating that guests often write their most positive comments in the 'Tell Ian what you loved about his listing' box without realising this is private feedback.

I've written to various guests thanking them and at the same time letting them know this is not made public, it's not a part of the main review, and they too are disappointed as they wanted their most positive comments to be declared for all to read, but did not realise this was 'private' feedback.

Anybody else agree that these often most positve comments are unintentionally being left out of the main review...? 

Come on Airbnb, let the most positive guest feedback be for everyone to see!!!

Would love to hear if other hosts feel the same.

Here's a screen shot of my most recent review to demonstrate my point:TREVENNA REVIEW by EMMA 2016-09-19.png

9 Replies 9
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not such a good idea. Sometimes the most critical (negative) comments are in the private response! Wouldn't want that! Besides, it wouldn't be private anymore, would it! As long as you still have the option to publicly respond, you can use that option and copy/paste the great parts by preceding with "From the private feedback: "We...." Also a way of showing the translation of a great foreign-language translation: "Google translation: "bladibladibla..."
Penelope0
Level 5
Englewood, FL

There needs to be public and private feedback...but "what you loved most" could go in public comments. What you need to improve should be private.

Trish-and-Logan0
Level 2
California, United States

Perhaps the ability for the host to control which private feedbacks are publically viewable.  Our Airbnb pages are after all designed for us as hosts to sell the positives of our property.  

Deborah1
Level 10
Beaufort, SC

I like the private review. I have gotten some great suggestions especially when starting out, but appreciate they were not there for the world to see forever. Please keep private review. I had a case where the "best stuff" was in the private review. I just referenced it in the public response.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Carl-and-Elodie0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

I think the opposite will be great. When you rate guests with the stars regarding communication, respect of the house rules etc it should appear on their profile.

Hosts need to have this additional informations!

its not because we list our place that we want anyone as a guest!

This is one of the multiple examples that shows airbnb lack of customers services for hosts.

Hosts are customers too!!

Penelope0
Level 5
Englewood, FL

Elodie, I see your point. We all would like polite guests who are careful with the house and follow house rules.

There should continue to be a private method for host and guest to communicate what needs improvement with out it going public-ie

I was a guest with the the hostess present, She had a cleaning service..I was wading through dog hair on the floor and wafting in the air. The tub was also moldy on the shower curtain and edges. I mentioned this to her. She said her home cleaner was due soon. After a few days I cleaned it all myself while she was out. I was too embarassed to mention it again, but felt she needed to know.I was grateful for a private section. In all other ways she and her home were wonderful.

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Ian, thank you!  I feel the same way.  This is quite an old thread.  Here I will go out on a limb.  I am now quoting guests in my feedback when I can comment on their review.

AS LONG AS:

-it does not reveal any personal information

-it is not embarrassing to the guest

Recently, a guest wrote: "We really liked the bathroom."    - that was shared privately!  Why?

Why not tell everyone?

I quoted that it my reply to their review.  I think it helps to mitigate some of the low numbers all hosts get at times from guests who are somewhat nitpicky.  I wonder what others think of this?

Penelope0
Level 5
Englewood, FL

Agree- the comfort and cleanliness of the bathroom is a key element in guest satisfaction.