Map pointer broken in Mexico

Map pointer broken in Mexico

Now on my second listing for the same place. Sick and tired. Map search fails to find my address, in a town without house numbers. Pointer makes a guess, but it is 3 blocks away. Even after a confirmed booking, why not allow your hosts to edit/move their map pointers manually? Go ahead, make it easier on your guests and hosts. Negative reviews will self limit or govern host mapping behavior. Frustrating.

Thank you for explaining the logic behind this shackle.

I'm about ready to ...

2 Replies 2
Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

My bet is that Abnb just uses Google maps.  For businesses, it is possible to go to Google and move the pin.  I have also move the pin on the Abnb map, I think.  Give it a try from your dashboard.

Thanks Amy for betting. Give it a try from your dashboard.

The last time the map appeared in my dashboard was when I still had not completely filled all the address fields.

I did get this resolved by phoning US Airbnb support 415-800-5959, after an epic search for their number and a good portion of luck.

If I remember correctly, to get a list of their location dependent support phone numbers, go to one of "Your Reservations" that is still pending, or maybe even current, and click on "Print Confirmation." You should now be looking at an itinerary with a link to "Make a change to the reservation." ...