SAFETY-Was the street name and very accurate map listed before on host listings ?

SAFETY-Was the street name and very accurate map listed before on host listings ?

I posted this( https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/SAFTEY-Was-the-street-name-and-very-accurate-map-listed-before...)   last night and is good idea  to also post this concern here.

Ps- i apologize for misspelling "safety" !

The whole post is here also :

I do hosting for few years now, and form what i've knew, without a confirmed booking, potential guests were shown only the radius location of adress.

NOW, i see airbnb lists our(hosts) street also, and togheter with that radius location, a host adress can quite easily be found if a potential troubled guest wants to. I've had quite a few, very descriptive, negative and mean messages written after i've had to decline certain potential guests.

The adress can not be changed once you save one, only a new listing can have dif. Adress, but thne you loose the reviews...

What are your thoughts about this ?

29 Comments
Jane2
Level 2

I had a very postive experience with a service rep. He called me a few times and after putting me on hold for one minute when we finally spoke,was able to take down the street name and replace it with a neighbourhood name. He treated my safety concern with professionalism and respect. I hope others are able to have a listing that reflects their needs.

Maureen76
Level 2

I was wondering JANE, what number did you call. Thanks

Maureen

Robert298
Level 2

Airbnb will remove the reference to the street if you request it.  Just contact them.  They removed my street name.

Jane2
Level 2

Hi Maureen

I live in France so I spoke to someone here. I did tell him it was possible to change as he first said he couldn't and told him to look at this posting where other hosts had already been able to change the address problem. He spoke to someone and a workaround was done. There must be a number for Airbnb in your region no? You could always go to help,contact and then fill out message that you have a problem . They will contact you.

best of luck

Tim-and-Holly0
Level 10

I agree. For one of my rentals there are only two house on the street. Pretty easy to figure out which one is possibly empty and well-equipped with TV's and other electronics,  furniture, and more just waiting for the taking.

Christine1
Level 10

I contacted Airbnb some time ago when this feature was originally  modified. They removed the details and the street name no longer appears. At times nowadays I have to send the exact details to guests as it doesn't appear in their itinerary. But thats ok as I avoid early check ins  and surprise drop ins too.! 

Contact them via your help centre tools; follow through one of the question topics all the way until you have exhausted all options and you can then email them.

Tell them/write what the issue is and ask them to call. Then get on with your life, they will call, its more time efficient for you and them. less frustrating and works out fine.

Good luck. This is defdinitely a reasonable concern.

Robert298
Level 2

The size and location of the radius is no longer controlled by the host.  When I contacted Airbnb to remove the street name from my listing they said Google automatically states the street name and creates the radius.  

I think the radius change was made to provide a consistent location radius for all listings, not ambiguous or misleading - helping guests.  Airbnb would simply write a some more code to have it not shown on everyones listing if they didn't want your street name there.  They are happy to remove it if you request it.  By the time you finish complaining here you could have it removed by them.

Lady3
Level 2

You don't have to put your entire address. Some guesses need to know if your area is close their objective. I put only my street's name, without my building number. After the guess confirm their request the day before the guess arrived my house, I send a messages with my full address.

Adam1
Level 3
Status changed to: Archived