SAFETY-Was the street name and very accurate map listed before on host listings ?

SAFETY-Was the street name and very accurate map listed before on host listings ?

I posted this( https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/SAFTEY-Was-the-street-name-and-very-accurate-map-listed-before...)   last night and is good idea  to also post this concern here.

Ps- i apologize for misspelling "safety" !

The whole post is here also :

I do hosting for few years now, and form what i've knew, without a confirmed booking, potential guests were shown only the radius location of adress.

NOW, i see airbnb lists our(hosts) street also, and togheter with that radius location, a host adress can quite easily be found if a potential troubled guest wants to. I've had quite a few, very descriptive, negative and mean messages written after i've had to decline certain potential guests.

The adress can not be changed once you save one, only a new listing can have dif. Adress, but thne you loose the reviews...

What are your thoughts about this ?

29 Comments
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10

We would like to add our voice to requesting this change be reverted. There is absolutely no need to name the street when the previous version showed the general area well enough for guests to make a decision. Now all privacy has been removed for anyone who has an exterior photo of their listing.

Airbnb, please change it back. 

Linda108
Level 10

Is it still important to count the thumbs up for an idea to be forwarded to Air BNB?  I see only 2 thumbs up, one of which is mine, and there is a great deal of interest in getting our voices heard.  I wonder if those who alread added a comment could also give a thumbs up.

Jane2
Level 2

Although he seemed concerned about the issue, I did not hear back from the Airbnb customer service rep. I did find several other posts on this issue,some as far back as six months ago, but no reply from Airbnb or resolution. Failing a reply in the next few days, I will call again early next week. I live on a tiny street in Paris and feel completely unsafe with this information in the public domain. I really feel that host security has to outweigh the slight guest inconvenience in not knowing the exact street until after booking.I had never had a comment or complaint about not having this knowledge and it seemed as if the radius was enough for millions of happy guests!

Marie82
Level 10

With guests being more and more demending and compare us to a hotel i am sure in future ABB will show our full address to try to get more and more clients

Anyway back to the topic this should not happened guests should only have a general idea of the location 

We found out yesterday that our street name was online for everyone. In our case it gave the exact location. We did not receive any mail about this change!!!

Just for information with just the adress and a full name you can get a birth certificat, then get a passport etc.

We called straight away and ask airbnb to change that for something more general in our case Kings cross.

They didnt ask permission but they changed it straight away. Unfortunaly I think each and everyone of us will need to make a call to change this new layout!

Jane2
Level 2

Hi

just to confirm, you called and they did change it for you?

thanks

Yes hosts are unable to change it by themselves.

The nice guy from customer service change it for us straight away!

Jane2
Level 2

Thank you for confirming. I just spoke to a very helpful Airbnb customer service rep who was able to do a workaround and solved the problem in just a few minutes. I encourage people to make the call and the change can be done on an individual basis. As he explained, in some instances , people do want an exact address. Safety is a real concern and it was great that it was taken seriously. 

Julia66
Level 10

My property, (and others in the locality) have no street names, so Airbnb are showing the HOUSE NAME in a listing search.  I have emailed Airbnb.  If this doesn't work, I will phone as @Jane2 recommends .

Julia66
Level 10

I had two phone calls from Airbnb in response to my email, and they are sorting it so that just the general area name is showing with the map.