STRICTER CANCELLATION POLICIES

STRICTER CANCELLATION POLICIES

The strictest allows a 50% refund up to a week before.  This invariably encourages guests to hold onto the reservation until a week before to force you into negotation so they get back more than 50% of the rental amount per terms and conditions.  

Guests cancelling for medical reasons should not be classified as extenuating circumstances.  Guests should be covered by insurance offered by ABNB.  Again this encourages dishonesty and an easy way out. Extenuating circumstances need to be more strictly controlled and limited to extreme circumstances such as terrorism. 

6 Replies 6
Iris89
Level 2
Conil de la Frontera, Spain

I fully agree. Furthermore I am counting on bookings to be realized. If a cancellation comes in a week before, I doubt very much I could get replacement booking on such a short term, especially if it is not

main season. I cannot understand why AIRBNB has changed their Cancellation Policies. I feel I had more security to realize a booking before.

Iris89
Level 2
Conil de la Frontera, Spain

I fully agree. Furthermore I am counting on bookings to be realized. If a cancellation comes in a week before, I doubt very much I could get replacement booking on such a short term, especially if it is not

main season. I cannot understand why AIRBNB has changed their Cancellation Policies. I feel I had more security to realize a booking before.

Priscilla46
Level 5
Concord, MA

Airbnb sends me suggestions to change my cancellation policy from strict to moderate.  I would consider it if it were two weeks out - but I think it goes from 6 months, or something, to one week. Too big a time span whatever it is. Add a one-month out choice. 

Tina1
Level 6
San Francisco, CA

When I started Airbnb they had a "no cancellation" refund option, but you had to get special approval to use it.  I'd like that ability, as my place is large and expensive - and I can't re-rent it with a weeks notice.   E

ither give that back to us, or charge Guests an optional a 'trip insurance" fee - for cancelling reservations with < 1 month notice, and give those "trip insurance cancellation dollars" to your Hosts when they cancel!

Jenny-and-Claes0
Level 3
Bainbridge Island, WA

Also need to add different cancellation policies for different seasons! Our peak guests plan further ahead and book longer stays so we need stricter cancellations for those guests.

But do not want go discourage bookings during the off-season with the same strict cancellation policy!

Belinda55
Level 10
Bundeena, Australia

James - Totally agree. I posted a very similar idea last year re more options and flexibility for cancellations. Some people also suggest the option to have different policies for different times of year, also makes a lot of sense. My post currently has 34 upvotes, so please add yours, and maybe Airbnb will start to take some notice!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/More-cancellation-options-re-new-100-refund-policy/id...