AIRBNB TAKING DOWN CO-HOST MARKETPLACE & CO-HOST PAYOUTS

Luca86
Level 4
HKI, Finland

AIRBNB TAKING DOWN CO-HOST MARKETPLACE & CO-HOST PAYOUTS

I find it really a pity that airbnb will not support anymore the co-host marketplace platform, it was so useful! They are even stopping to give % to co-hosts in August. I hope the co-host option will not be down, this was one of the most useful feature of airbnb!

20 Replies 20

I am managing OK with the new payment system or lack of it but want to update my Co-Hosting status, for the life of me I cant find the link anymore, am I being stupid or has it been hidden away.

Any help please

Nikki

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Lizzie

I read the explanation about why the split payout was ending - seems that you think you can't cope with the expected volume.

Why not let hosts and cohosts already using it continue?  It works well for the current volume. 

Work on a new system and don't let NEW host/cohost partnerships use the old one.  This way you will not upset your current hosts and cohosts, and the new ones will look forward to the new system if you tell them that it is being worked on.  

When the new system is online and working, transfer the old cohosts to it.  Or just leave them on the  old system which is working well!  

Dr-Dee0
Level 2
Plantation, FL

I don't understand either why they discontinued the co-hosting program.  Now I am wondering how hosts can find a co-host?  How does that work now? If I want to be a co-host, do I have to go to individual listings and ask the host if they need a co-host?  It is confusing to me.

BáTrung0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I see that airbnb stop paying automatically for Co-Host is not feasible: 

- Many hosts have idle houses and do not have time to spend on this and they need the help of Co-hots. So Host will have no way to pay Co-Host apart from transfer or cash?

- Airbnb will resolve the dispute when the Host refuses to pay for Co-host?

- In this case, this is the step backward development of Airbnb

I hope there will be a solution for Airbnb to continue as a payment intermediary between Host and Co-host

Jonathan774
Level 2
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Hi all! 

And another thread talking about the same thing. I will post the same as I did on other thread, hopefully that should answer this mysterious issue with co-hosting. 

I have been looking for a cohost for a while and from what I understand, Airbnb had a co-hosting program which they retired in 2018 due to not being viable for them. I have been googling around for a while now and finally found an alternative site (https://www.findcohost.com/) which seems to be doing the job. I have signed up as a host for now, hoping to find a co-host in my area. 

Hope this helps.

Jon

Picking this up again.

I ran into this issue and found nothing that works. 

Jon's link doesn't work anymore but I did find two other sites. They both fail at providing a real marketplace solution.