ALL GUEST SHOULD BE FORCED TO REVIEW.

ALL GUEST SHOULD BE FORCED TO REVIEW.

DEAR ALL HOST.

WE should bring to airbnb this note that all guest should be forced to review there last stay to make any further booking for there next trip. As you know i had done so much for some guest and when they left i left them such a 5star review but in return they never left any Review which is really akward. As after 14 days my review is waiting in there profile with 5 star and in return i have nothing. Also its a loss for our superhost position as those and each and every review matters here. Some guest are just like they stay and enjoy our hospitability but doesnt wanna give review after they left. So airbnb should have a system like this that after all the trips dont they must review each and every trip otherwise the system should block them to do further trip through airbnb. Host needs some support from airbnb.

Thanks.

11 Replies 11
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Imran14

My daughter has just been on a three week tour around Italy, with some bookings via Airbnb.

Arrived home last night late, has work this morning.

Didn't always have internet on the move and had better things to do than tick endless airbnb review boxes enquirying if hosts had soap or towels when on holiday- especially updating instagram was her number 1 priority.

Has a  laundry pile to do now, mail to answer, presents to dish out ( i hope), back to the gym, grocery shopping, food to prepare, car to service..

The time has passed for leaving some reviews now due to the trip length - should she be blocked from using airbnb now?

My suggestion was before she is allowed to book for her next trip she could take sometime out from her busy schedule to give sometime to give some feedback for the host who kept her safe in there place. Who tried to make sure she had everything during her visit to there place. Who took care of her. Who tried to make sure ur daughter was in safe hands. So sparing sometime out from here daily life around 5-10 mins to post the reviews wont effect that much for her. But it would motivate the Superhost to work more for there guest in airbnb business system. As hosting is a tiring and a hard job sometime when you have to takecare of lots of things to make sure ur guest is comfortable during there stay or time in your place.

So i hope as you are hosting too you feel that your superhost depends on all the reviews you get so its a must job also for guest to leave a feedback due to the system generate reports on based of there travel.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Imran14 i believe that guests if forced, are more likely to leave bad reviews, sometimes no review is the better option. You can always ask  a person who is trully pleased to leave you one. And as you know, even if guests are not able to book throug their profile they will just get someone from their group book or they will make a new profile, it is as easy as that.

YEah you are right i guess if we ask them or airbnb force them they will leave a bad review. In that case airbnb should do something they should omit the % for trips reviewed as this impace the superhost status. So if they omit this feature then if a guest doesnt leave a review it doesnt matter to the host. 🙂

@Imran14

It seems you would stop her from booking again? Hosts need guests.

My point was that it can be impractical to leave a review when you are travelling and not always a judicious use of ones time.

Banning guests who don't review seems a jejune solution, it's an idea that won't fly.

I certainly don't think all hosts are sainthood candidates as you suggest.

Better to reflect on why you crave worthless airbnb stars and an inconsequential superhost ribbon.

Yeah you are right host needs guest. Also host needs some appreciation of reviews due to airbnb system. YEah when you are travelling you sometime get sometime out for urself or when you stop travelling u always can keep sometime to review the host.

No one is banning guest. I am just saying they need to review before they book next trip. Its just an idea nothing is for real yet.

YEah you are right all host will never be saint also. So we should be aware and review so that next guest before booking knows what happens when they book this host place.

There is nothing to crave for superhost ribbon its just that some apprecitations of hard work and some motivational ribbon for the host.:)

Cheers...:)

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Imran14 you can always notice a happy guest even if they dont leave a review, in the end that is what matters, Superhost status comes and goes. We are lucky to meet some amazing people ( in rare cases some that we wish we never had to meet ) and make money while doing it so I feel that that is motivation enough to keep doing it 🙂

I do not think so at all

Freedam is the best

Freedom is best for everyone. But airbnb should omit % trip reviewed by guest to host then the problem solved if any guest doesnt leave a review it doesnt matter to the host. 🙂

Yes

Airbnb rating system is just a PLAY as hosts all over the world know lol

One point

More (correct) reviews make market system work well AS A WHOLE

Yeah .. REviews makes the market more for booking and all thats why reviews sometime matters as a whole to make this system go on.