Absolutely stunning new ad on youtube

Answered!
Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

Absolutely stunning new ad on youtube

With Dolly singing and a focus on dogs.

I was engrossed all the way until the end when I saw it was for... AIRBNB. I am a professional cabin host with about 20 properties. We love doggy guests... EXCEPT airbnb doggy guests. Resolutions has completely washed their hands helping us to collect dog fees or help us with pet damage. (Even guests we can prove sneaked a dog in against rules). You allow guests to search for dog friendly properties but you don't allow it to be added to an invoice. There has been no improvement in years, it's only gotten worse with resolutions new " sorry. Dog. We don't help with dog issues".   How is this sustainable for us?  I have reported for 5 years now to again and again about this serious 💔 Airbnb and dogs has for hosts. Surely isn't a problem for guests who have ZERO liability for their pets - they can even sneak them in penalty free! True story. Go read my recent resolution history.

#HAB

1 Best Answer
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Emily-And-Virginia0 

What a terrific review that makes our failures so clear. We are currently organising and listing our priorities to be addressed by the Exec. This has to be one of them. @HostAdvisoryBoard.

Just to clarify the  proposal might be that we collect Deposits for pets? I'll let you articulate a Policy that you would like to be put forward since it is surprising that hosting dogs is being implied as an option but is not adequately catered for. Your detailed proposals would be very helpful.  Many thanks indeed for your really positive feedback and arresting title....!!!! 

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emily-And-Virginia0 And the Airbnb main page photo for their pet friendly category has a photo of a dog on the bed on a white duvet. Even hosts who accept pets don't necessarily want the dog on the white bedding intended for humans. These folks are just totally tone deaf.

I'm looking for an out - from airbnb. This pet thing is defeating me.

@Emily-And-Virginia0 

It's frustrating and offensive that Airbnb host support has become an exercise in futility. But it's the same on any other platform.

So, you need to remind any unknown untrusted, unrated guest inquiring about any booking, of your house rules AND penalties, in your final message to them prior to authorizing their booking, and ask them to confirm that they have read and understand those terms and penalties before you can authorize their booking.  If they don't agree, let them go. It's not worth it.

Obviously you'll get no help from Airbnb for almost any guest violation of anything, but the prospective guest won't likely know that. And it gives you justification to unilaterally take action. 

Scare them away before they book it. It's your only defence. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emily-And-Virginia0  Why don't you just stop accepting pets if it's been such a hassle?

BTW I love your eclectic listings, particularly the Ivy Den and Ivy Nest. Colors and general decor are right up my alley. Which of the listings do you own?

I used to have a tipi and have made several. I'd like to make one with Sunbrella fabric, using a different color for each panel, so it looked like a sunrise. At one point I had bamboo tipi poles, which looked beautiful and were so light for set up. Doesn't work in the rain, though, because of the bamboo segments- the water would drip at each segment.

**[Off-topic comment removed - Community Center Guidelines]

@Dale711  What's your problem? Got nothing better to do than stalk me around the forum?

Salute @Sarah977 ,

Truly sorry to  stalk you around the Globe 🌎.

Look !  Today my tongue is so long.Look ! Today my tongue is so long.

Am I cute ? Give me a likeAm I cute ? Give me a like

@Dale711 If you think I don't like dogs, you'd be wrong. I have a big white dog myself and have always had dogs. But I host humans, not dogs.

Hi guys..

I think dogs does give extra expenses.. because of fur and fleas.. i dont think the space is actually cheap to maximize with out alergic reaction guarantee.. is best not to bring them in to the house.. 

Jeffrey Bong

Hi Sarah...  So this gets interesting..  I was just in Sayulita last week - for my first time in that part of mexico.  I stayed at Playa Escondita  -  wowzers.  And I think I might luv you....  the two places you love the most, I own.  🙂

Let's connect

@Emily-And-Virginia0 Sent you a private message.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Emily-And-Virginia0 

What a terrific review that makes our failures so clear. We are currently organising and listing our priorities to be addressed by the Exec. This has to be one of them. @HostAdvisoryBoard.

Just to clarify the  proposal might be that we collect Deposits for pets? I'll let you articulate a Policy that you would like to be put forward since it is surprising that hosting dogs is being implied as an option but is not adequately catered for. Your detailed proposals would be very helpful.  Many thanks indeed for your really positive feedback and arresting title....!!!! 

Thank you for your sincere reply.  I had to go look at your profile to insure you were not just a placating bot.  <  pls don't take offense.  I've  grown so jaded by the lack of airbnb's attention to what is obviously a grave issue according to so many posts here in this community alone. 

And then I saw this ad, the first ad I've ever watched all the way to the end past the "skip" part.  Beautiful dogs, in beautiful cozy spaces - Dolly Parton Singing "I will always love you".  Oh my heart!  My business model intends to be exactly this.  "Doggies Love Vacay too"  is something we send out to all our guests.  @Mary996,  "not adequately catered to"  is diminishing.  Pets > Hosts are not catered to at all - in any capacity  - except as a search function.  

A deposit, specific for pet guests, would solve it all:  the reservation would be noted  # of dogs coming, a fee  added to invoice - if  host chooses that, a damage amount would be held in escrow (or similar to regular human damage deposit) and host rules for pets would be agreed to - in advance.

Voila.

Kindly,

Virginia 

I've set up a working thread on this issue if of interest to you @Emily-And-Virginia0 the tagging system doesn't seem to be working. All the best