Adding guests to reservation

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Adding guests to reservation

Does anyone have instructions for new users to Airbnb to add the info for the rest of their guests to a reservation? I see it on my end, but don't know what it looks like to guests.

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

They just need to go into their booking and amend to add the extra person. It will then send a request for you to approve @Lenore22 

Lenore22
Level 10

Thanks @Helen3  ! To clarify, I'm not looking for them to change numbers, but to fill-in the names/accounts of the other guests since this person just joined and head no reviews.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Adding or removing guests

To add or remove guests on your trip itinerary:

1. Go to Trips and find the trip you want to change under the Upcoming tab.
  2. Click or tap Show more trip plans.
  3. From the overview, click or tap Show details.
  4. Under Who’s coming, click or tap Manage guests.
  5. To change the number of guests, click or tap Next under Change reservation.
  6. Add or remove guests, then click or tap Continue.
  7. Review your guest count change and the price difference, then select Send request. Once the host agrees to the changes, they’ll be applied automatically.

Whether someone is new to Airbnb or not, this is how they would add guests, @Lenore22 . 

Lenore22
Level 10

@Colleen253 that's very helpful! Thank you for the detailed instructions. And this is for adding names of the guests, not changing the number, right? 

@Lenore22 afaik, under ‘manage guests’ is where the booking guest would add their other guest info. But I haven’t used Airbnb as a guest so I have no direct knowledge of exact details. I like to have all guest names, and I know that guests are prompted to provide this info at time of booking, but because Airbnb doesn’t share that info with us hosts, I have added to my house rules that it be provided directly to me as well. 

Colleen, how do you have the guest name requirement worded in your house rules. Thank you in advance.