AirBnB is Unavailable and Unresponsive

Jason22
Level 7
Lexington, KY

AirBnB is Unavailable and Unresponsive

I've been a so-called superhost for a few years, but I also get roughly half of my reservations from HomeAway/VRBO. I have decided to switch my loyalty to HomeAway/VRBO due to AirBnB's lack of availability and responsiveness to issues and common-sense solutions, or even having any semblance of a customer service department. Why should AirBnB collect service fees from me and my guests when their operation is inferior to their competition (who, for example, is easily available by phone or e-mail 24/7)? In most basic terms, I will block my AirBnB calendar until a month or two in advance to ensure that HomeAway/VRBO gets the vast majority of my business moving forward. I encourage anyone else who feels similar to do the same. Perhaps they will begin to be available and responsive once they see a difference in their revenue stream.

171 Replies 171

@Spencer7

how can you request the guest to pay you , when the guests already paid Airbnb directly before booking? this makes no sense.  My guests all paid in full to Airbnb, before the booking was totally confirmed. This sounds messed up. So your guests did not pay Airbnb? how were they able to book it? I am new also, never booked with them, but what you have told me sounds very unnerving! please let me know how this turns up.

anna

I'm in total agreement. I've been a super host for a year now. I've been notified by the OR Dept of Revenue that the last quarter's state lodging taxes were not remitted. I've been calling Airbnb for a month and all they say is "it's being escalated to urgent."  Because   I haven't been able to reply to them with an adequate answer I will be charged penalties. I am so angry!!!

Google the email of the CFO of Abnb and email him directly with a copy sent to your tax authority.

if you dont get a response, tweet the problem, they will respond pronto.  Ridiculous that we cant get help any other way.

He's probably off surveying kite flyers in Africa.  I feel your frustration and pain.  AIRBNB should be and must be more responsive.  They are too busy worrying about air mattresses, etc.

Ronda4
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

@Vicki0I can't understand why you think this is Airbnb's fault. There is the facility on your listing to set out your house rules and if you don't want pets you just tick the box.  If you haven't done this and someone books your space, then it is no ones fault except yours!  

I already send messages as my payout is still pending since June 2021. Why is there no response or a live chat

Barbara2667
Level 2
Knightsen, CA

Lack of Airbnb Customer Service. We are new to Airbnb after a 5 year hiatus. Our Airbnb is a Farm Stay on a working farm.
We received a request from our last guest to give her a $500 refund because our pool was not heated. The pool was not advertised as heated so I said no but since she washed all the linens and remade the beds I offered her the cleaning fee back. The guest asked Airbnb to get involved. 
In the interim we reviewed the guest with 3 stars and we would not host her again because I felt she was extorting us for the refund. It was worse than I thought. 
The whole time she was in our Airbnb the guest said everything was wonderful. The review popped up with a two star 200 word  rant of every complaint she could think to put in and personal disparaging remarks(I never met her), complaints of cleanliness and claims that we were using slave labor on our farm and had a migrant slave labor encampment. First only 2 people live on the farm. Our 2 employees live in there own home in a different town and are happy employees or they would work somewhere else.  Farm workers have many choices. The is no labor or otherwise encampment on our farm.

I filed a complaint with the same complaint the guest filed. Besides a lot of mean things the guest said about me personally (remember I never met her and only conversed with her via Airbnb and that was all cordial) she accused our business of illegal activities and illegal employment practices. 
Airbnb separated the two complaints and resolved the guest’s by paying her back the cleaning fee,but refused the heated pool complaint. We were reprimanded for uncleanliness, and said there is a bad mark on our listing. Meanwhile our complaint has not been resolved although it was “escalated “. Every customer service person I talked to said yes the review didn’t follow there rules but they couldn’t do anything and it had to be “investigated “. We put our listing on snooze. We are still waiting to here from anyone from Airbnb on our “escalated” complaint. 
The lack of customer service and Host protection from obvious extortion and pay for a review has us second guessing our decision.