Airbnb Long Term Discounts Not Being Applied Correctly

Ram15
Level 2
Hyderabad, India

Airbnb Long Term Discounts Not Being Applied Correctly

Hi,

The long term discounts are not being calculated correctly by Airbnb.

1. We have a different pricing for 3 and 4 guests respectively.
2. For three guests, the total cost is X and the 8% weekly discount is correctly being shown as INR1624.
3. For 4 guests, the total cost is X+Y and 8% weekly discount is still being shown as INR1624. It should be INR1834 as the price has increased and the discount will be greater. The taxes and service fee should also be calculated correctly as they will be lesser then what is being displayed.

I have escalated this to Customer Service but is this being replicated elsewhere. 

Best, Ram

India

3 Replies 3
Ram15
Level 2
Hyderabad, India

1.png2.png

Sharon1342
Level 2
San Luis Obispo, CA

We had a 48% discount applied to a long term (28 day) reservation with us noticing it until shortly before our guests were due to arrive. We honored the rate for our guests with an explanation that an error had occurred. I filed a complaint with Airbnb, but was told that their log showed no bug, but they couldn't provide me proof, and I that must have made the change to allow the long term discount, but they also could not provide me with a log to prove that I was wrong. Have any other hosts experienced a long term discount being automatically applied without the host's settings being activated? We lost over $1,400 because of this error. Check the average rate your guests will be paying before accepting a reservation. We allowed an $82+ stay when our normal rate is $159. This occurred during August, one of our busiest months of the year.

Oh, dear. What a big loss for you. Thanks for sharing this story, so we can know what to watch out for.