Airbnb doesn't pay host's

Jay235
Level 4
Kent, WA

Airbnb doesn't pay host's

so apparently Airbnb thinks it's okay to not pay us hosts the money that we deserve. Airbnb doesn't even collect the money upfront. they are not liable if the money doesn't get collected. What the hell?

The attempt to charge your guest for the amount due for reservation from Nov 1 - 5, 2018 was unsuccessful.

The reservation is still active at this time, and we've sent an email alert with a direct way to pay the balance.

If your guest successfully submits payment, we'll send you a confirmation email right away. If you have questions about the payment problem, you can reach out to your guest.

If your guest doesn't successfully submit payment or if they cancel the reservation before making the payment, Airbnb isn't liable for issuing your host payout. 
75 Replies 75

If it was so confusing, because I never dealt with a situation like this. It's confusing to me too. Am I supposed to write you an essay on my cell phone keyboard or something? Come on letti. Have some integrity instead of down talk me. Wtf. Be helpful instead of putting me down. Especially, you can address your comments to me instead of your little online friends. I can see you care about them accepting you more than being helpful. Lame.

**[Inappropriate content hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

**I posted two threads because Sarah said too. Now you want to criticize me? I took everyone advice. The guest had a 5 Star rating. And you want to act like I am the crazy person? **

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jessica-and-Henry0    This is a good one- one of my best friends was in the habit of removing about the half the toys and stuffies from her daughters' room when they were little every so often, when she'd noticed they weren't playing with those things and to cut down on the clutter. She'd put the stuff in a box in the garage, sometimes she'd bring some of it out and stash other things away. One Christmas, when the girls were about 3 and 4 years old, she was quite destitute, there was no money for presents. She found a couple rolls of wrapping paper and some ribbon at the second hand store for next to nothing, and wrapped up a bunch of those garaged toys they hadn't seen in maybe 6 months (an eon to a 3 year old) and put them under the Xmas tree (which grandpa had bought). They opened those packages and were so thrilled- "Oh, it's Teddy! Oh, Teddy, I missed you, I'm so glad you're back!"  She said it was one of the best Christmases they had, and the girls, who are in their late 20's now, totally remember it.

There, the thread everyone was getting bored with now totally off topic 🙂 Thanks @Letti0.

Update: Airbnb called the guest and got them to update a new method of payment. I've been busy. I'm glad they worked it out with the guest. Sheesh.

I just want to say... I can tell there is a group of people on here that just hang out all day on the computer. I don't care to have you accept me. But if you want to gang up on me that reflects on you more than it does me. If you want to be a bully I can be one to. I'll start by reporting your profile. How about that Ute?

Even worse than not getting paid here’s some of the feedback I have received 

The property was not accurate with the location Airbnb provided 

Absolutely nothing to do with me 

The homeowner had unattended shoes

What does that even mean ?

The homeowner did not provide spices and a proper mixing bowl ?

Not sure about you guys but I’m out

Huh?

Jay235
Level 4
Kent, WA

FINAL UPDATE: THE GUEST WAS BANNED FROM AIRBNB AND I COULD NOT LEAVE A REVIEW. LUCKILY I GOT PAID AND THE CASE IS CLOSED.

More rediculous subject avoiding answer from AirBNB regarding payment.

Airbnb Support
1:36 PM
Hi Benny! This is Glenn from Airbnb. I would just like to inform you that we really can not provide exact time and day when will you be able to get your payout. For now, it is still being resolved as we speak, and we can not guarantee when it will be released. We just don't want to set false expectations and add to your frustration. We apologize for this inconvenience. 

Thank you

Benny,

Tell me about it...I would be furious!! Rule of thumb is...no booking request acceptable unless 3 days in advance. And...no guests of the guests allowed. And....no extension of stays. And meet all guests in person when they book a room.

Chan1303
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have a similar experience. There was a confirmed reservation in Aug 2019. I hosted the guest and delivered the service. But Airbnb did not release the payment until now. 

Raised a complaint in Sept, and was told they will revert soon. Never happened. 

Raised a complaint again yesterday. Got a call from a staff and she explained that Airbnb had problem collecting the payment apparently. 

WTF? Airbnb provided me a confirmed reservation, and I delivered the service based on the confirmation. Airbnb is the one who is handling payment and now I dont get my payment because Airbnb failed to collect the money after confirming the reservation? 

Can we trust the booking confirmation by Airbnb in future? 

i have been waiting for almost 2 moths and half for my payout as host .  Almost $1200 AU . I have been using the chat support calling several times having the same answer: "  Our team is doing the best to solve your issue. we have some technical problems but we will sort it out "

they have allocated 3 different people as case officers and all of them are the same .'they  dont  provide any help just playing the same game. "our team are working hard to sort it out . thanks for your patience" if that is working hard I cant imagine how is not doing anything.. 

@Giovanny12 @Jay235 @Chan1303 @Benny39 @Sarah977 

I am waiting for more than 70 days already for a payment to reach my VERIFIED and DEFAULT payout method but I got nothing so far.

My guests stayed for 28 nights successfully and they were so satisfied in fact I even opened up to them on the 24thbday if their stay and revealed to them that the thousands of dollars they paid for a 28 night stay in my villa & swimming pool never reached me.

The guests of their own free will wrote to Airbnb asking why Airbnb delays payment to me and they never ever received any answer from Airbnb to this day !!

Airbnb is a fraudulent company that regularly delays payments to hosts.

The 'Airbnb Support' team is a (bad) joke.

Their only role is to give false and empty promises and also to apologise.

In the end of the day the instructions (or more precisely lack of) appear on their screens and they just repeat them.

I highly recommend everyone ditch this failing and greedy corporate ASAP.