An important tip for hosts!!!

Melissa341
Level 1
New York, NY

An important tip for hosts!!!

Hello Airbnb Hosts!

First - thank you for offering your homes to the community. 

As a frequent Airbnb guest, it's truly appreciated.

I'd like to offer a tip for all hosts out there - please invest in a great hairdryer!!!

As a woman, it's impossible to live without but traveling with it is bulky. A cheap one burns out fast and doesn't to the trick.

A good hairdryer is only $20-30. It will make the world of a difference for your guests. 

Most Airbnbs miss this - all women hosted Airbnbs have this, but not men hosted ones. As a traveler, it's frustrating.

A bonus is having bathroom essentials like soap, shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste!!

10 Replies 10
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I offer all of this and many more plus lint brush to my guest don't for get shower caps shaving blades for the ladies and men Iam glad you put this out there I do offer all of this and many more with no extra cost just look up my sit and ask the other guest 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

A great aspect of Airbnb is the many levels of service.  As a guest it is very easy to search for places with a hair dryer.

Look under the "AMENITIES"   page.

Hi. Great tip. If you’re in Nashville, Tennessee please check out[Link hidden]. Hairdryer and an emenities await! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great tip @Melissa341. I definitely agree with you, it is one of those things that is a pain to carry around with you when you are travelling as it can take up quite a lot of room in your suitcase. It is something that I usually check on my host's listing when packing, just in case.

It is always useful to hear tips here in the Community Center and it is quite rare that we receive tips from Airbnb guests, so thank you for taking the time to share this and please do continue to highlight any tips you think might be helpful to the community. 🙂

I hope to speak with you more.

Thanks,

Lizzie  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Great posting, @Melissa341 as I totally agree.  Travelers want to be able to have to bring fewer and fewer items due to the cost of extra  baggage and want to be as light as possible.  I offer robes because they take up a lot of room.  I think hosts need to think like a traveler.

Elaine-And-David0
Level 2
Worksop, United Kingdom

I have hairdryer &  essentials etc in my rooms for guests  however i do have to say as a Woman i never use a hairdryer as it damages your hair and would never ever use these products because I like my own brands, so please remember  not everyone wants these and don't be offended if they are not used as not all women like not all men want the same thing. I find it helps to ask guests in my welcome message if there is anything they need and in the rooms i have a note on the towels along  with the basics offereing all the additional extras free if they would like them. I have had very few guests either use the essentials or ask for anything extra. However they do love the choice of breads, pastries etc for breakfast and clean towels daily.  Maybe it's a British thing that we prefer our oewn stuff. lol.

Lisa816
Level 2
Wandlitz, Germany

Ich finde es ist davon abhängig, wie lange man verrreist. Für ein paar Tage brauche ich persönlich keinen teuren Föhn. 

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

Thanks for sharing.  

We do provide a hairdryer as well as toiletries and a basket of extras such as toothpaste, toothbrush, etc in case our guests forget we don't want them to have to run out when they arrive. 

Budi2
Level 2
East Jakarta, Indonesia

Yes, agree with you. It is sometimes an important tools for woman.

Also investing an iron and iron board would be a plus point too for the guests with longer stay.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A lady staying at myplace right now has just used 200 litres of hot water to shower and has had the hairdryer blowing for more than 30 minutes. My fingers are well and truly crossed that this isn't normal behaviour, as it's more than frustrating to me. 

Perhaps I'll remove the hairdryer tomorrow 🙂