Another Possum story

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Another Possum story

@Lizzie.......

Hi Lizzie….It had to happen didn’t it! Here is another possum story for you.

As you know Ades legs have given out and cooking duties fall on me! One night a couple of weeks ago I decided to make a fruit flan for dessert and I topped it with a lot of fresh fruit. I don’t know if this possum could smell the fruit but, at one point I looked up at the kitchen window and there was this possum on the outside of the glass staring intently back in at me and what I was doing! I thought….cheeky **bleep** and went on preparing my flan. This possum would seriously not take ‘no’ for an answer and appeared to be somewhat bent on getting to this flan…..so much so that I decided to take a picture of him/her as he/she tried to reach my creation through the glass.

CAM01846 (480x640).jpg

We did enjoy the fruit flan but only managed to eat around half of it and I left the remainder out on the bench suitably covered and turned in for the night.

As I arose in the morning and made my way to the kitchen, there was this possum on the bench hoeing into what was left of the fruit on the flan. I have absolutely no idea how it managed to get inside the house but, they are inventive animals and this one was not going to let something like locked doors and windows get in the way.

Anyway it just looked up at me and decided that the fruit was worth the risk and went on eating away. I just stood there powerless to do anything because there were stem glasses and all sorts of other breakables around the kitchen which would surely have perished if I had tried to take the upper hand so we simply had this ‘Mexican stand-off’ situation until the fruit was gone and I slowly herded it out the door and watched it waddle back up the path into trees at the back of the block.

Talk about prepare food for the neighbourhood!!!!! Cheers….Rob

0 Replies 0