Are hosts not able to see a breakdown of a guest's star rating any more?!

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

Are hosts not able to see a breakdown of a guest's star rating any more?!

Hello all,

I just realized that I don't seem to be able to see a breakdown of a guest's star rating anymore.  I have an  instantbook by someone with less than a  five-star rating and I used to be able to see where the guest was "lacking", so to speak.   Did Airbnb remove that feature, too?!

11 Replies 11
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ann489, I see still see the individual star ratings if I click on the 'overall rating.'

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 1.26.09 PM.png

@Emilia42  are you on a  compute or mobile? If so, what browser?

@Ann489  On a laptop using Google Chrome

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Ann489I can see them on the app (looks like Emilia's shot above), but not using my computer. On the computer the star rating shows as an average and is not clickable. If I click through to the guest's profile, there are no star ratings there.

Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

I can see them on my computer but not on the app. So odd that visibility is opposite depending on user!

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Jennifer1421 @Valerie192  I have tried on both and can't seem to be able to pull it up.  😕

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

I thought this feature had been removed too! There is nothing "clickable" on the star rating like I could in the past. I'm not using a different browser so is it possible they removed it from some hosts? Or maybe my browser needs an update??

The breakdown was helpful for me too. Ugh.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Emilia42 @Ann489 @Valerie192 @Jennifer1421 

Okay, nope. I used to be able to see exactly what @Emilia42  screenshotted. Now nothing is "clickable" on my laptop or app except to see the actual reviews.

Not exactly a CS question but does anyone know who to ask or report this to??

@Suzanne302 Noooo......! Why on earth would they be taking that away?

@Emilia42 

It makes no sense! Especially since some hosts can still see the star ratings.

I first noticed it when a guest booked with me who had two reviews. Both reviews raved about him, yet he had a 4 star rating. I was curious in what category he received less than 5 stars and when I couldn't see the breakdown I was a little leery before he showed up. Turns out he was a near perfect guest at my house. I barely knew he was here and he left the place immaculate. He even booked with me for a second stay a couple weeks later and again, was a near perfect guest.

Marcela337
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

I FOUND IT! Not very intuitive, I can find the star ratings ONLY on the reservation/messaging page, on the left hand side where it shows the summary of the bookina and the messages.

on chrome.Capture.PNG