Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you planning to spruce up your space in 2020?

29d6431c_original.jpg

Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of the year (aw, I can’t believe I’m saying that), it’s pretty common to look ahead and think about plans for the upcoming year. Many people like to make new year resolutions, but when it comes to hosting, this can often signal a time to refresh your home. Some new guest towels perhaps or a new coat of paint in the bathroom or something bigger like that garden shed you have had your eye on! 

What are your plans for sprucing up your listing in 2020? 

We'd love to hear your input for an upcoming article. Thank you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

121 Replies 121

MSDS is material safety data sheet, this is  where you find all information about the sealer you used,

forexample: how to use,  handle, dispose, etc. You can also Google this information on how to remove material from skin

Linda2600
Level 2
Wilton, ME

We are seeing some things that need to be taken care of;  paint job in the bedroom ceiling and walls.

Plan on replacing the floor in the kitchen area that may lead into the living room before we are done.  Had some water damage when we rented on a full time schedule so we're hoping we can squeak out some time this winter.  Another floor in the entrance area needs to be upgraded as well.  There are other details but will cross them off one at a time.

When we decided to go from a full time rental to Airbnb we did not expect the amount of bookings to come in so quick.  That was a good thing but it did keep us from doing the painting and repairs that we should have.  Now we have a carpenter that is willing to do a quick turnaround on jobs we can play catch up!

We just acquired our space here in the town of Del Norte and are excited about the 2020 refresher remodel including new cabinets paint and some other extras any input 

Mentioned before: always recommend bringing an architect on board.  For all the ideas you may have a second neutral opinion is great and usually tax deductible 🙂 Plus get all the legal inspection work done.  Power, water, sewar, roof etc.  No point remodeling if the Seward going to back up in a storm.  It happens

Maria2527
Level 4
Athens, Greece

Wow!!! New Year is just around the corner!!!

March is our starting point.  As the weather gets better, we start with painting our front doors...first impression always counts...

Our flowers and trees start to bloom so gardening is our next task to make a nice impression to our guests.  The aroma from flowers is divine and guests love it.

Since this is our second year of hosting our place has been fully renovated so everything is an excellent condition but if something has broken or chipped it will be replaced at once.    

Of course before our first guest arrives the whole Studio will be cleaned  from the wood ceiling to the floor tiles.

Every pillow,  curtain, bed/couch spread and  linen will be washed so the whole place will have an aroma that guests much appreciate the moment they step in.

We want our guests to feel at home...

Yes. I also start cleaning up by doing my gardening, spraying my doors,  and other areas so that, my guest will be comfortable so around will be clean and healthy

Lidia183
Level 1
West New York, NJ

HI I'm Lidia, getting ready for 2020,  just stared a new carpet changing, added a new furniture, 

Anastasia161
Level 2
San Diego, CA

We will be adding an accent color to the bed wall and some new art work. We have already color co-ordinated our paint, linens and art work. We will also be adding a private enclosed concrete patio with some landscaping, a couple if chairs, a table and a lounge chair to enjoy the amazing weather we have. Can’t wait to get it done!

Tony1020
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Create a relaxing outdoor space,  with chairs etc. 

Martin333
Level 4
Proendos, Spain

Winter here is a slow time, so perfect for larger projects. This year we will change / update the bathroom. Unbelivable but true here in Spain the replacement silicone strips, which now, after 10 years have a slight yellow brown tinge, for a corner shower cubicle cost nearly as much as a new plate and crystal partition.

So I am looking forward to spend xmas amongst tools.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Stephanie 

Is it true that Airbnb are giving grants for Hosts to update their property? I heard its about $10,000 depending on your number of guest hosted.

At first I thought it was nonsense then I thought maybe not, since they seem to be willing to invest vast sum in buying up business and it would seem reasonable to invest some money back into the Hosts that are actually generating their income in the first place.

Dear Cormac0.

If you find out where and how Airbnb is giving that grant please let me know.  lol  We are generating a lot of money for them but they are not doing bad by us as well.  I'm glad they happened along.

Marvella0
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

During the month of December and January I will be changing one of the medicine cabinets  in the bathroom.I will be changing out one of the bathroom sinks, changing bed spreads, carpet cleaning.

It’s nice to just make simple changes to just brighten up your home.

Marvella F

Cleveland ,Oh

Hi Marvella,

I am planning on changing the bathroom sink and adding a second cabinet in my bathroom, too. Since it's winter I'm changing to heavier drapes they also help to make the place feel more cozy.

Sandy M 

Brooklyn, New York

Beth44
Level 10
Flagstaff, AZ

I just finished a 2 week remodel on my Airbnb and besides looking good its cut my cleaning time down by about 15 minutes (average clean is 2 hours flat). I want to put the thought out there to other hosts that simple choices in materials/design can make a difference to impact when cleaning our properties. My remodel focused on the bathroom and bedroom, which always take more attention.

Here are a few of the things I did that may have made a difference.

• I removed a lodge pole bed for a platform bed that does not require polishing.
  • I also removed beside table top lamps and imbedded hanging lamps instead into a floor to ceiling headboard.

In the bathroom 

• I painted the baseboards the same color as wall plaster.
  • I chose a one piece seamless sink that has no groves/joints for the vanity top to clean in one swipe.
  • I removed all shiny chrome faucets, handles, etc.
  • I changed dark colored vanity and storage units for light colored ones that do not broadcast dust/lint.
  • I wish I could have exchanged my toilet for a more streamlined one with no intestine like curves for easier cleaning. Maybe when the next remodel rolls around!