Arlo vs Ring (or other Security tool you love)

Juliana62
Level 3
Raleigh, NC

Arlo vs Ring (or other Security tool you love)

I am currently trying to choose between installing Arlo or a ring. Does anyone have any other great door bell/security camera brands they really love. The draw back with arlo and ring is that the motion dector was too slow. 5-6 seconds of motion is detected then the camera turns on, which means if someone already passed through the door you wouldnt know. or have a proper image. I am a woman running an airbnb. We had a crazy stay last week. I had to go over quickly to check on the property and i knocked and announced myself and entered. In retrospect anyone could have been in there. And i could have put myself in a bad situation. Also because we arent always booked I like to know who is coming to the door. When the cleaning ladies or someone else arrives i can confirm its them and give them a code. 

Thanks!

Juliana

2 Replies 2

In the battle of Arlo Pro vs Ring, Arlo wins easily since it can function as a stand-alone security camera. On the other hand, Ring Stick Up was created to compliment your Ring doorbells so that it can monitor other parts of the area.

As a security camera, Ring Stick Up Cam is weak and doesn't offer anything superior to Arlo Pro. On the other hand, Arlo Pro is a highly-rated security camera with thousands of satisfied customers.

Thank you very much George, for your response. I am so sorry, i missed your response till now. I want to readdress this with my husband, and this info will be extremely helpful.