Bedding

Susan9
Level 1
Hunter Valley Australia

Bedding

I have had a recurrent problem with guests booking single beds then using other unmade beds which means extra washing and, in my opinion, they are effectively an 'extra' guest who is not paying.     I do not charge for cleaning/washing and I certainly don't want to put notices all over the place saying what guests can or can't do.    Any suggestions would be welcome.    Susan

2 Replies 2
Maxine0
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

@Susan9 - unfortunately if the beds are made up and in the same room as they are sleeping in, guests will assume they can sleep in them - they'll percieve it is the room they are paying for, not the bed/s. So the only thing you can do is leave the other bed unmade (other than a top sheept perhaps or a bed cover tucked in, but no pillows and no duvet.

If they want to swap beds they can use their bedding and move it to the other bed.

Rick0
Level 6
Savannah, Georgia, United States

I have a similar problem in one of my cottages...there is a sleeper sofa, (not made up) & a queen bed in the bedroom...people go rummaging through my sheets, find one & make up the sleeper sofa (which is not the most comfortable thing--as those of you who are familiar with sofa beds, can attest)....  So my laundry has doubled with no additional income...

For your situation, I suggest getting a generic bedspread & making up the extra bed as a "prop" or "dummy" bed...Although don't count out the possibility that people may sleep on it using only the bedspread as a cover....ick....I especially hate it when guests sleep on my sofas with no sheets, using only a quilt or blanket as cover