Bellingham WA Area Hosts Facebook Page

Donna276
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Bellingham WA Area Hosts Facebook Page

We are trying to get the word out about a new private Bellingham Area Facebook page that has been created to allow hosts to communicate about best practices, common concerns and the new short term rental regulations that are proposed and will be going to the city council. If you are interested in being part of this group, please respond to this email with your email and I will get you added to the group.

Thanks!

Donna Janigo

15 Replies 15
Nomads1
Level 1
Bellingham, WA

Heads-Up: 35 STR's reported and complained about by a single person, were just received by the City of Bellingham. Our friend who is a part of this forum just received a letter from the City of Bellingham about their airbnb. They are in "urban village zoning" and so they should be able to come into compliance if they get the proper "bed & breakfast" permits. He went into talk to the city and they said the same person reported 35 STR rentals to the city. They used the outside photos of the establishments to match the addresses. Does not appear that the city is happy about having to deal with this one person, especially when they are about to create STR guidelines. Sounded like the city was very reasonable and wanted to help the STR continue. They said as long as he could show that he was taking steps to come into compliance he had time. Sorry to report this as I know STR guidelines are soon to come.

The SCOOP! Write LETTERS to CITY COUNCIL before July 9th, 2018 to: ccmail@cob.org. I just spoke with Lisa Pool from the planning department. She said that letters to the city council are still welcome as they did not set a deadline for letters. Their next meeting is on July 9th and there will not be public comment. At that point they will discuss changes to the STR ordinance and her guess is that it could continue into a few more work sessions which are held in the day time. It is not set in stone.

Kirsten-and-Jeff1
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Was a facebook page ever created for hosts?  I'm interested.  Thanks!

Yes, if you send me your email address I can add you to the group.

Hi,

I'm not sure if Abnb will let me send it, but here goes:****

Thanks!

Kirsten

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – in line with the Community Center Guidelines. To send a direct message here in the Community Center hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

I tried to add you to the page by your email. Hopefully it worked.If you didn't get a message about being part of the group, let me know.

Oops.  Just saw this message.  I never got an invitation to the group.  Can you please try again?  I really want to be able to communicate with other hosts now that the new ordinance has been passed.

Please add me to the Facebook page .  I am a new host.  About how many days a month does Air BNB keep most units filled.

Hi Donna,

I'm going to try to insert my email so you can add me to the facebook page.  I'm really curious what everyone is planning regarding the new ordinance for Bellingham re short-term rentals. I'm on gmail, so just put kijelu in front of it.  I hope this comes through to you!  If not, I think you can send me the same of the fb group and I can request to join from there.

Thanks!

Kirsten

service@cascademonuments.com

Anders51
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi. My name is Elizabeth Anders. I just started to host guests at my home in Bellingham in June. I would like to join this Facebook community. I am also looking for a reliable Bham resident who could be available for emergencies when I am away. I am willing to work out whatever financial arrangement I can.

I’d like to join this group. Still possible? Thanks!

Rinne0
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

As a new Host, About how many days a month does air BNB keep most units booked ?

Adam845
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Is it still possible to join this group? Thanks!