Better analytics for hosts!

Daniel2658
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Better analytics for hosts!

Does anybody else feel like the host analytics tools are pretty usless?

I would find it beyond useful if I could see / do things like:

1. Compare dates (e.g. this week vs last week or May 2019 vs Jan 2019)
  2. See real time data. If I have an empty slot for next week, I want to see how many people are viewing it and when exaclty they're viewing it. It will allow me to adjust my pricings properly rather than guessing. 

If I was given a month to come up with the most useless analytic a host could have, I think views on the last 30 days with a 2-day lag would probably be number one on the list. What are we supposed to do with that data?! I bought a magic 8 ball which gives a better insight into my listings.

Is there any reason why they haven't focused on providing better data to hosts? They have their "price tips" but they're also pretty bad and never does anything for conversions. I'd like more control and information. It would make for such a better and more optimised platform.

Would love to hear other people's thoughts.

Peace out

Dan

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Daniel2658 Your words, my sentiments 100%. Very well said. We can't even see the stats for the same time last year, because they only show us 12 months. Isn't that kind of important?

I have no idea what to do with most of the information they provide to us. The pricing tips are hilarious. They gather so much data, they obviously have information that could help us, but they share it in really useless ways.

The one thing that does help is the occupancy rate, but again, I wish I could look at it for the same period last year so I could compare this year's earnings and occupancy vs. last year's. Seems like a no brainer to me...

Daniel2658
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316 It's just so surprising that they haven't provided it to hosts. It seems so obvious and would surely be in Airbnb's interest as it would generate more bookings and revenue for them.

I've suggested it to Airbnb a couple of times, but not heard anything (they must get 1000's of feature requests a day), but still....

Hi @Daniel2658  and @Alexandra316 , so I see this post is a few months old but I’ve recently been looking into creating a dashboard for better data analytics for vrbo and airbnb hosts. I currently work in healthcare building data analysis applications and dashboards. I believe the same same software I’m using now I can build custom analytics for this market. Would either of you have any thoughts on the need for this?

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb use to have , in the dashboard, the possibility to see the dates that possible guests were looking at. 

Lets say there is an event near you, and there is a spike of people looking around that dates, you had the possibility to increase rates.

This is no longer available...

@Lizzie , could this be brought back?

🙂

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Daniel2658 It is a very useful topic. However, it has not brought much attention and interest in the community. Many hosts use Airbnb just for getting a little extra income, which is of little importance. The analytics tools provided are more of an interest for the professional hosts and hosts who rely on Airbnb income as the major source of income.

But Airbnb created the analytics tools without collecting requirements from users who are the hosts. Therefore, those tools mostly are useless. Even the occupancy rate is not a true representation for linked listings.