COMPLIANCES IN MAHARASHTRA INDIA

Kishore0
Level 2
Mumbai, India

COMPLIANCES IN MAHARASHTRA INDIA

HOSTS IN INDIA, PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT COMPLIANCES IN DIFFERENT STATES. MY HOMESTAY IS IN MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA AND FOLLOWING ARE THE COMPLIANCES WHICH MAKES ME 100% LEGAL

FOLLOWING ARE OUR COMPLIANCES

:
1. We are approved by MTDC AND India Tourism, to operate B&B / Homestay
2. Our kitchen for use by our guests is registered with FDA.
3. We are registered with FRRO (for Foreigners)
4. We are registered with the Luxury Tax Department for charging luxury tax on behalf of the Government of Maharashtra)

30 Replies 30

I have been fined around 3000 USD/ Rs.2,00,000by my tamil nadu local electricity and water board saying that i have posted my property in airbnb, and that it is a commercial activity. They have also converted my electricity and water bill into commercial billing which is three times more than the domestic billing. I reside in this property and i want a clarification on this to fight in the court regarding the commercial convertion of my property considering the only fact that i have listed my property in Airbnb. please help me.

Dr. Dinesh. To start a lodging activity is per se commercial and you will be hit by commercial property, water, electricity, gas charges and now GST if you do more than Rs. 20 lacs.

Suggest you get your property approved by TN tourism or India Tourism as B&B or HomeStay. Then you will be accorded residential status.

By the way, being charged commercial rates does not make you legal. To my mind, you are pursuing an illegal activity without any approvals (police or tourism). Be ready for the police to land at your house to settle the matter😔

Oop. Sorry Rishi. I saw your post now. 

I did not have any problem with society as Collector Colony Chembur is a colony of free hold land owners and there is no society.😂. My bungalow is on land that is owned by me. 

That is why it my HineStay is the only one in Mumbai that is approved by the state and central govts.☺

Best wishes

So maybe I should sell my property and buy one in Collectors Colony. 🙂

Yes. But you will have to buy a bungalow. 😑

Yeah. I'm planning to sell my bungalow and then buy one in your area. 🙂

Great. Let me knwo if you find one 

Hi rishi pls rch me on 9819546867

Hi Ahmed, I just saw your message. Have you managed to find a solution?

Further, I think Airbnb is misleading hosts by listing apartments without insisting on approvals.

There is a post by dr. Dinesh in this community. He has got hit by rs 200000 charges ( and more to follow) for listing on Airbnb when he did not have approvals.

Do, hosts, beware

Rishi bro pls contact me on 9819 and then 546 and then 867 ahmed badshah

its regarding bread and breakfast 

Ahmed95
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Hi rch me on 9819 and 546 and 867

Sattish-M0
Level 1
Alibag, India

First of all thanks both of you for sharing information and experience on this community.

I wish to do @ lonavala premieses where society taking objection, i inform them that there will not be any nuisance.

However they are not still able to decide.How to overcome this problem.I will be appreciated your reply 

Satish 9869606111

I was unable to overcome the same challenge so we're on the same boat 🙂