Calendar Notes

Phil129
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Calendar Notes

Hi All,

This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place or indeed if I have missed a thread somewhere else.

Is anyone else stuggling with the removal of the 'Note' feature on the Calendar? Yes, you can add a note to a day not yet booked or as you book it but you cannot go back after booking & add a note. You use to be able to do this. It was really useful for the 'would like early check in if poss', 'needs to store luggage' etc. Upon calling the Help Centre apparently not many people have raised this as a concern?

15 Replies 15
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Someone else just brought this up; yet mine still appear. Supposedly it is a known 'glitch'.

RomyandJan0
Level 2
Prague, CZ

Hi. I have the same problem. Once your date is booked it is not possible to add any note 😞 We use the notes a lot. I already communicatd this to Airbnb support but no change yet...

Dave250
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

This really messes us up too! We use the calendar for knowing when to go check in the guests! ARGH!

Inna44
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

same problem. anyone has an update?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Inna44 Its available on my calander.

you might need to use the new host tools that are available, supposedly for multi listings but works fine with a single listing. Click the link, scroll down to "Use tools that work for you" and then click "Try them now".  https://www.airbnb.co.uk/host/professional

You will also get the rule sets, https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/2061/how-do-rule-sets-work

Untitled4.jpg

The problem is that the private notes used to display on the calendar below the person's name. You could print out a full month and all the note details would show.

Therefore the cleaning people know what their window to clean would be and we would know when we need to greet guests etc. 

NOW it only shows up if you click directly on the reservation, so you have to send a screen shot for every checkin verses we used to just screen shot (or print) the whole month...

Greetings @Margaret407, I write my own software so to resolve cleaning issue the software runs each new booking or alteration and produces simple to read table and email the image to housekeeping, if you are interested I can share it. See screenshot below. 

all_host_cal_cleaning_sched.csv.png

Margaret407
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 12.15.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-18 at 12.15.24 PM.png

Margaret407
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

This worked for me in June:  see how handy that was!

JUNE 5-15.png

Jennifer244
Level 1
Auckland, NZ

I had some time out from airbnb and have found the inability to add a note on the calendar a GREAT LOSS - its so much more admin now. Shouldn't updates IMPROVE an interface not make it more clunky? Has there been a way to do this found? 

Margaret407
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Yes, it’s rubish! Or garbage as we say in the states....

Ben206
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

I found the private note very helpful to manage booking and coordinate with my team, too bad Airbnb "improved" the calendar feature.

In my case the issue appears in one listing only - the rest showing and saving notes correctly; current working with Airbnb to resolve the bug.

@Ben206 Thank you for letting me know, Ben, and good luck to you.  I've been reading that lately airbnb answering services are MIA 

Nancy1371
Level 1
Fort Myers, FL

Has this issue been resolved with the calendar notes?