Can`t add a payout method

Esther-and-Alex0
Level 2
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom

Can`t add a payout method

We received an email from airbnb on the 24th August that they can`t send us our payout as they didn`t have enought account information. We thought this might be a scam as we have the same account specified as our payout refenece for the past 52 month and hadn`t changed anything since ! We emailed airbnb explaining and were hoping to get this fixed quickly. We received an email back saying that they would transfer us to the correct department. That was on the 30th August. 12 days later we still haven`t heard back from them despite numerous emails to them. The problem is that we cannot add a payout refence. the moment we fill in our address details and click on the button for `bank transfer` on their site, we see a message `sorry there was an error, please try again`. at some point their system actually let us fill in the relevant bank details but when pressed `next` we were kicked out and the message showing `you have no permission to complete the action`. We have tried from three different computers with different browsers. In the meantime we had 5 guests who`s money we are not receiving. By the way, I tried paypal as well , with the same outcome. Nobody is responding to this issue. Any sizable company these days has a `live chat` option to fix problems but one of the `biggest` companies in the world, this airbnb, not ? I don`t want to rant about their poor customer service here as things went fine the first two years but this is shockingly appaling. Maybe somebody had a similar problem and knows what to do.    

20 Replies 20
Charms1
Level 1
London, GB

i am also receiving this issue and its been ongoing for a week. no light at end of tunnel in sight. definitely a bug. 

Same exact issue. Have had this problem for more than a month.

Ray1311
Level 1
Willemstad, Curaçao

I am having the same issue. Can’t add a payment method. System asks for either IBAN or SWIFT ID. When entering My SWIFT ID, I get an error message “Payee must be specified” 

Vanessa1239
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Same here!! added bank details  numerous times for it to tell me the details are "invalid" after days of pending. Funny thing is it will let me use those same details to make payment. Airbnb is becoming one big joke. I have money on hold that I would like released.. I've spoken to someone who said they will look into it. Let's see what happens.

Kristin243
Level 2
Dallas, TX

I can nit add a payout method at all. As soon as I click, “Add Payout Method”, up pops a message that I have to call AirBnB 

I was first told by customer service that I was only allowed a maximum of 4 accounts… at one time I had 7… so, I deleted one account and the problem still happened. 

They say someone is working on it, but it has been over a month and still it is not fixed. 

Looks like whoever programmed their code REALLY messed something up. 

Aristides12
Level 1
New York, NY

I cannot add my choice payout method  (wire transfer)--at all--. As soon as I click, “Add Payout Method” the screen freezes and the only thing I can do is go back... I tried choosing Paypal out of curiosity, and it seems to allow me to go forward with that, but I didn't fill it in since it's not preferred... BTW, I have an updated Chrome browser... 😞