Cancellations and reviews

Bonnie10
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Cancellations and reviews

We had a guest who cancelled the reservation after staying with us one night for a one night reservation. While we received payment we could not post a review of the guest.  How do I let other hosts know about this guest? Broken dishes, stained furniture, didn't follow house rules, more people stayed than were reserved for etc?

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Bonnie10 Well, that was pretty sneaky! I would recommend that you flag the guest's profile and explain in the area provided what this guest did.  Or you can ontact Airbnb to explain and perhaps they'll give you the opportunity to review, doubtful, though. Did he have any previous reviews?  I wonder if this was a habit of his so that hosts couldn't leave a review. 

I would also change my cancellation policy to Moderate or Strict.  That would prevent future situations like this. 

Were you aware of the extra people at check in?  How many extra were there?

Sorry this happened!

Thank you for your advice about the cancellation policy.  The individual removed their profile from Airbnb so there is no way to contact the person and, as I did not require a security deposit, I cannot make any claims.  Cautionary tale I guess but we have never had guests like this before..  The guest booked for two and arrived with a friend. A third person was driving them around town as they came by train but the third person stayed overnight as well and they did not let me know this. We have a 1 - 2 person limit on our listing.  They also did not inform me about the stained furniture and bedding, broken dishes (glasses) etc.  Live and learn I guess.

@Bonnie10 Aghh, that sucks, pardon my language.  Yes, change your cancellation policy and get a security deposit, for sure!  Also, I would recommend, if you don't already have it, Verified ID as a requirement for people making a reservation request or a reservation through Instant Book.  Go to Manage Listing and to the left you'll see Reservation Requirements.  On that link you will see the option of requiring Verified ID. 

Good luck for the future!